User points system like activerain.com

16 years 4 months ago #51853 by gypsydogg
User points system like activerain.com was created by gypsydogg
Has there been any thoughts of a points system like www.activerain.com They have a pretty good system that gives points for things such as a blog post, photo upload, articles submitted, friends recommended, so on and so forth. the person with the highest points gets seen the most. Any word on something like that or possiblity of it?

gypsydogg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #51873 by Shronk
Replied by Shronk on topic Re:User points system like activerain.com
I'd be interested in something like that as well... B)

16 years 3 months ago #52890 by Raetus
Replied by Raetus on topic Re:User points system like activerain.com
I've been looking for something like this as well. Currently, I've been planning on doing this through a cruel combination of an excel spreadsheet, a dedicated points tab, an events plugin and a whole lot of man-hours.

I'd be willing to chip in some cash to get this one made.

16 years 2 months ago #54926 by io2000
Replied by io2000 on topic Re:User points system like activerain.com
I'm very interesting for something like this...
Something who count the user activity in points is a great idea... if possible includig the forum messages (fb for ex.) is very very very interesting and i search something like thise and found nothing...

16 years 1 month ago #58396 by travisdh
Replied by travisdh on topic Re:User points system like activerain.com
Hello,

I don't know if it is exactally what you are looking for, but i had a custom component done awhile back. I am in the middle of redesigning my site so at the moment i am not using it, but in dev sites it worked well.

The idea was that in the component you could set x points for an action, so submitting a link gave you x_link points, whilst submitting content gave you y_content points. This was put into a table db for each user. And in addition you could give 'Karma' to personal profiles. There was a module that showed the top x best users, and lowest users. Have a look for 'Karma' component on here. It was based on the origional karma plugin, but just had a mambot created to automatically detect Some common tasks. It may not suit your needs but even if it provides a base for you to work on it might be of some help.

Thanks,

Trav Hale

15 years 10 months ago #63977 by smappler
Replied by smappler on topic Re:User points system like activerain.com
hi trav.
im very interested in this, do you still have the component available?

many thanks. sam.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn