Future date for next update & CB road Map

16 years 4 months ago #52091 by sriz786
Hi,

I want to know if there is information available for next upgrade to CB and what features it will have. Also where is the CB development roadmap?

Rizwan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #52113 by beat
We are working on the next CB release after 1.1, and have also started working on the next major one.

There are a number of new features and improvements which are in the works. But we are usually not pre-announcing new features, as we would don't want to raise expectation on an open-source project which we do partly during our free time regarding our planed feature and on professional services time regarding customers-asked features.

Add to that, that from time to time a release becomes urgent because of security improvements, and you will easily understand that, together with the amount of free time and the kind of paid-for features ("sponsored features") are hardly predictable, it's hard to predict the exact features-set of each release.

If you need a given feature and have the professional budget to "sponsor" it, best is to contact Nick or me with your features-request, for either good news that it's already sponsored, or in next release, or for a quote.

That said, the next CB release should hopefully come out by end of this year or begin of next year :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 4 months ago #52156 by Roland
Hey Beat,

it sounds great!

One idea: Publish a new-funtction-release at first only for Documentation Subscription and after one month for all...

I think this will increase the number of Subscriper!

Best wishes,

Roland

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal

16 years 4 months ago #52605 by adrianlewis
Replied by adrianlewis on topic Re:Future date for next update & CB road Map
I agree - I think that people would rather get your development skills to work on CB releases than other more financially rewarding projects. Why not just make CB more financially rewarding. If someone can afford hosting for their site, surely they can afford a documentation subscription.

I'm still checking out my options but if I decide to go for a J! and CB combo, I'll be happy to subscribe.

16 years 4 months ago #52606 by nant
adrianlewis wrote:

I agree - I think that people would rather get your development skills to work on CB releases than other more financially rewarding projects. Why not just make CB more financially rewarding. If someone can afford hosting for their site, surely they can afford a documentation subscription.

I'm still checking out my options but if I decide to go for a J! and CB combo, I'll be happy to subscribe.

Cool ... you might want to take advantage of the holiday promotion - only 20 USD (instead of 25 euros)!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn