can a cb user use there user name for mail ID

16 years 5 months ago #52324 by amreshpreetam
can a cb user use there user name for mail ID was created by amreshpreetam
hi
please guide me that a user of community builder can use their user name for sending and receiving email in the website.
I clarify again that let a user register in our web site with cb as "amreshpreetam", Now the question is if a web site admin want that the username can be use for email sending and receiving with amreshpreetam@domain-name.com (just like google and yahoo mail service) .
If so please guide me.
thanking You
Amreshpreetam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #52355 by mpeetsma
Sure.. ALl my members have a User@domain.com site email address.. Its not that difficult and a few different approaches exist..

The simplest is look for a "module" called MamboMaillite. The one I use is Mambo Mail 2.0.. a full insite email program.. there are others.. but this works good for me..

Good Luck

CB RULES!!
Runs an Adult Site built on Joomla

Advanced Profile Control & JSpaces Make CB1.1 what it needs to be!.. Don't setup without it!

16 years 3 months ago #55280 by demi88
is there something to use mambo mail in the cb registration form? thanks

Post edited by: demi88, at: 2008/01/27 11:37

16 years 3 months ago #55294 by mpeetsma
See my response to your other post.

Even yahoo etc use a primary email address for you to register with, after which they assigne you a new address with your username@yahoo.com.. Same can be acheived with components like Mambomalpro.

With mambomail lite version, you install the module and then any email coming to your domain that matches the username gets forwarded to that members primary email address and not in your site. With the Pro version, you have a complete integrated internet email system that automatically creates the username@mydomain.com email address, accessible by the user on your site and can send, receive email over the net outside of the site. It works..

TO have the email in this system integrate at a deeper level within joomla, you need to hack some code. No way around that.

CB RULES!!
Runs an Adult Site built on Joomla

Advanced Profile Control & JSpaces Make CB1.1 what it needs to be!.. Don't setup without it!

16 years 3 months ago #55380 by demi88
coulf you please tell me how?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn