Delayed email confirmation

16 years 4 months ago #54423 by Narya
Delayed email confirmation was created by Narya
I was wondering if there is a plugin allowing for delayed email confirmation.

I basically would like to have the following work flow:
  • A user registers on the site.
  • The user will be logged in immediately, getting access to all areas for registered users (like with turned off email confirmation).
  • However: The user will get a confirmation mail.
  • The user will have a certain amount of time (e.g. 3 days) to confirm the mail address.
  • If the user does not confirm during that time, he/she will not be able to log in any more until the mail is verified (maybe allow for changing the mail).

Is there such a plugin? If not, can someone point me into the right direction (on a technical level) where I could accomplish something like that? I'd be willing to do it myself and release it here if I get some help.

Cheers,
Christopher

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #54438 by nant

16 years 4 months ago #54448 by Narya
nant wrote:

haven't seen such a thing.

That's a pity.
Can you maybe drop a guess if it would at all be doable to develop such a plugin? Or would it require deep down core hacks? (As I said, I am willing to invest some time myself to do it...)

I guess it might have to be an extension of the current registration/login system but since I've only written two minor CB plugins yet I'm not sure if the plugin API supports such a level of functionality.

Cheers,
Christopher

Post edited by: Narya, at: 2008/01/16 11:29

16 years 4 months ago #54469 by Narya
Ok, let me extend the question a bit: Is there any resource where answers like this may be given?

The normal documentation does only seem to provide a level more basic that is how to use CB and not how to develop it.

I found the Plugin Framework API that is much more like what I am looking for, but it is more than 2 years old and for an old version of CB so I do not know how much has changed and what can be done more easily today. I'm not especially keen on reimplementing stuff, the current CB version can already do...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn