bug: field values cannot be reordered

16 years 3 months ago #55302 by jrevillini
bug: field values cannot be reordered was created by jrevillini

Summary: If admin creates a field which is a dropdown, and s/he inputs a bunch of values and saves the field, there is no way to go back into that field, add another value, and reorder the value list.

Workaround: Add the new values at the end of the list. Go into the mysql database using phpmyadmin. Export the table to a sql file (if you like working in SQL) or excel csv. Open the file and manually edit the order. Empty the table. Re-import the data.

Comments:
I'm confused. Clearly the database supports value ordering. The front-end, however, does not seem to make an attempt to allow reordering to happen. Is this a feature that didn't make it into the release or something?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #55315 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:bug: field values cannot be reordered
fixed in upcoming CB 1.2.

Problem was already described here (search "fields ordering" was giving that as frst result):

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,43/id,54229/#54229

locking this thread to avoid 2 discussions for same problem.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 3 months ago #55340 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:bug: field values cannot be reordered
Yup, misread the post, sorry about that.

Unlocked thread, and moving it to Features Requests...

This is something we want to address in next major CB release.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn