registration configuration

16 years 18 hours ago #62087 by kenkel22
registration configuration was created by kenkel22
It would be great to provide fields in the config for links to content items that we could use to word our own registration related emails to new users for the confirmation, approval, etc etc.

The wording in the program will not suit everyone and it would be more supportable if this type of message was parameterized in the config rather than hard coded in the php side.

Maybe you're already working towards this? I wasn't sure how to search to see if my request was a duplicate.

thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 hours ago #62094 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:registration configuration
What hard coded messages are you referring to?

16 years 4 hours ago #62117 by kenkel22
Replied by kenkel22 on topic Re:registration configuration
the language file coding. wouldn't it be easier to maintain if you just pointed to a content item and let us enter our own email verbiage? For example, the message that starts with 'Registration Complete!'. Make it behave like the terms and conditions where we draft our own welcome messages, email confirmation messages, etc. and then just enter the links to these content items in the config.

16 years 3 hours ago #62125 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:registration configuration
Thanks for your feedback. Understand your concern and suggestion.

All language files are in "coded" php in mambo/joomla...

CB allows you to have your own "english" CB plugin, overriding "default_language", or any other language plugin.

PHP is certainly not the best UI to edit text, I agree :D . However there are hundreds of messages, and using joomla content table for that would be inefficient performance-wise.

We started implementing a new language system, which will go into your easy customization direction for CB 2.0, but will not use joomla content, as one of our core principles is to not (mis)use or touch the CMS tables structure.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn