CB custom made fields validation rules

15 years 11 months ago #62333 by sjnims
So I'm an admin for a website of an organization, and as part of the user registration, new users have to correctly answer our organization's secret question. The members of the organization all know the answer before registering.

The purpose of including this field when registering is to make sure we do not have any non-members attempt to register.

Currently, I have to log into the admin section or use phpmyadmin to check this field on new user registrations before approving a new member.

What I would love to have is a community builder plug-in that validated this field before submitting the new user registration, thereby eliminating the need for me to check every new member registration.

What astonishes me is that a component like community builder so much alike to chronoforms (by way of allowing the creation of custom fields) doesn't already have a section to apply different validation rules to these custom fields.

I'm not a php guy by any means, otherwise I'd do this myself. Any plans for adding this to future releases of community builder? Is there already something out there that does this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64857 by sjnims
Replied by sjnims on topic Re:CB custom made fields validation rules
*** shameless bump ***

Considering creating own registration form via chronoforms...don't want to...please help!

15 years 8 months ago #69735 by AprilFloyd
Replied by AprilFloyd on topic Re:CB custom made fields validation rules
I would like to know this too

15 years 8 months ago #69775 by beat
I read a few weeks back about a plugin which allowded that with a little modification. In this forum :)

Would be worth a good search ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn