How does CB talk to joomla? possible multiple form

15 years 9 months ago #66664 by bazanaius
Hey guys,

many people seem to be asking for multiple forms in CB to register different types of people. I'm also interested in this, but looking at the way CB works, I think it's unlikely to happen without a rewrite. It got me thinking...

There are fields in the registration form that can either be required or not.

Why not make a single form in CB with all the fields you need for all your registration forms. Then you can use something like facile forms to creat different forms which simply write the input data to the relevant fields in this uber form table created by CB?
These relevant fields can be used with the filters for lists (i.e. if empty dont display in list) to separate people. You can then use something like JUGA to control which group gets access to which parts of the site - this can either be done manually with a membership list, or maybe FF can be made to talk to JUGA too, so when the form gets posted it writes the CB fields and talks to JUGA.

So, what I need to know is how CB talks to joomla when the form is submitted - what gets posted where in the database? I've tried having a good look at the code and database, but there's a lot of tables and files. If someone from the team can contact me maybe I can get FF to talk to the database? Either reply to this post, or PM me if you'd like.
I have a few weeks free coming up so I can have a go in this time - need to get a move on tho!

cheers,

Baz

Post edited by: bazanaius, at: 2008/06/27 16:28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #66685 by beat
CB is moving faster into such a direction than you might think :)

CB 1.2 RC got the rewrite of most of the needed parts, so that plugins can already extend such features.

And this feature is already available in beta 9 version of paid subscriptions plugin (which can also be used in free registrations).

While those 2 are released, we are continuing to improve CB for version version 1.3, and to write new stuff for CB 2.0.

Using facileForms might be an overkill, compared to what's already ready in CB 1.2 RC.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #66714 by bazanaius
Hey beat, thanks for your reply. I havnt looked at the 1.2RC yet, so I'll have a play and things with the plugins - thanks for the heads up!

B

15 years 9 months ago #68392 by bazanaius
Hi Beat,

I've got hold of 1.2RC2, and it's all installed ok.

According to your post to acheive the multiple registration forms and the restriction options with those, i need the paid subscription plugin (which I'll run as a free subscription plugin :-P)

I've looked through the downloads section but I can't seem to find the plugin - can you point me to the download?

This is the reason I have upgraded, so I'm looking forward to having a play ASAP!
cheers,

baz

15 years 9 months ago #68720 by xavier.houghton
Replied by xavier.houghton on topic Re:How does CB talk to joomla? possible multiple f
not sure this is actually downloadable yet.. check www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,48/id,53290/#53290

still under internal beta testing..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn