set specific answers as required for login

15 years 8 months ago #67017 by martinus
Hi
I've just installed the CB in order to manage users more professionally. But perhaps I'm too tired after a loooong day with joomla difficulties...

To the point: I trying to set up a registration form for groups of users who are defined as living in certain specific streets. It's a kind of club for house-owners, so only people living in four or five streets are to be members of the site.

What I wanted to do is to make the address-field required. That I have managed already. But I'd like also to make the streets addresses obligatory... so that registration automatically was denied if the content of the address-field didn't match the requirements...

Did it make any sense?

And could someone tell med if it can be done...

Thanks in advance...

Claus

Post edited by: martinus, at: 2008/07/01 23:12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #67031 by beat
martinus wrote:

Hi
I've just installed the CB in order to manage users more professionally. But perhaps I'm too tired after a loooong day with joomla difficulties...

To the point: I trying to set up a registration form for groups of users who are defined as living in certain specific streets. It's a kind of club for house-owners, so only people living in four or five streets are to be members of the site.

What I wanted to do is to make the address-field required. That I have managed already. But I'd like also to make the streets addresses obligatory... so that registration automatically was denied if the content of the address-field didn't match the requirements...

Did it make any sense?

And could someone tell med if it can be done...

Thanks in advance...

Claus

Post edited by: martinus, at: 2008/07/01 23:12

You sure that you installed CB 1.2 RC ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #67073 by martinus
Replied by martinus on topic Re:set specific answers as required for login
Nope - I've installed 1.1 - should I upgrade immediately to the 1.2 version... or did post in the wrong forum?
Claus

15 years 8 months ago #67075 by martinus
Replied by martinus on topic Re:set specific answers as required for login
Sorry - I seemed to have been posting in the wrong forum... Will move to the right one...

Claus

15 years 8 months ago #67431 by beat
Moving thread to the 1.1 forum.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #67432 by beat
You will need to write a plugin or modify the existing one for fields protection.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn