Reading Authorisation with Connection Types

15 years 8 months ago #67213 by Leo Y.
Hi everyone.
I'm using CB since short and have a Issue I'd like to know if its possible and if yes, then how :)

I like to use the Connections but in a special Form, meaning, that I want certain Users to see certain Details of a Profile conditioned to the Type of the Connection.
For Example User JEREMEY has a Connection of the type "FRIEND" with User MIKE.
He also has a Connection with User "BOB" but of the Type: "CO-WORKER"

JEREMY has two phone numers one buisness number and one private number in his profile, both should NOT be seen by anybody NOT connected to JEREMY
MIKE should see the Private and the buisness number while BOB should only see the buisness number.

(Additonaly it would be good if MIKE could define JEREMY as "CO-WORKER" so that only MIKE can see JEREMYs privat number, but not the other way round.)

Is this kind of think possible? I would appreciate your help very much, and excuse my english, I'm from Germany and my grammar is terrible :)

Best regards, Leo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #67496 by beat
Leo Y. wrote:

Hi everyone.
I'm using CB since short and have a Issue I'd like to know if its possible and if yes, then how :)

I like to use the Connections but in a special Form, meaning, that I want certain Users to see certain Details of a Profile conditioned to the Type of the Connection.
For Example User JEREMEY has a Connection of the type "FRIEND" with User MIKE.
He also has a Connection with User "BOB" but of the Type: "CO-WORKER"

JEREMY has two phone numers one buisness number and one private number in his profile, both should NOT be seen by anybody NOT connected to JEREMY
MIKE should see the Private and the buisness number while BOB should only see the buisness number.

(Additonaly it would be good if MIKE could define JEREMY as "CO-WORKER" so that only MIKE can see JEREMYs privat number, but not the other way round.)

Is this kind of think possible? I would appreciate your help very much, and excuse my english, I'm from Germany and my grammar is terrible :)

Best regards, Leo

Perfect English...

But not yet possible with core CB.

It's a good feature-request, thanks, and nicely completes also a planed feature in future CB versions.

Moving thread to features-request forum. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #67708 by stefharley
Replied by stefharley on topic Re:Reading Authorisation with Connection Types
Exactly what i was looking for!
Made an earlier post but got no reply! Think that your English must be better than mine lol

Would love to know if you find a solution, as this is a must for my site!!

14 years 8 months ago #105429 by NuMoon
Can do all this with plugins available in the commercial market. I have contact books and shared contect books on the profiles, and the users can choose if they want it on their profile at all, and if so exactly who can see it, from public right through to any of the 6 connection types they can choose from. Pretty cool I have to say ;).

The contact book allows you to choose who you share the contact with from among your connections when you create it.

The choosing of applications and the privacy settings are both done by a plugin called "plugin selection" and the calendar and contact books are called "shared contacts" or something, all you can find on JED.

I also got a couple of really cool mods from ninjoomla for privacy, one for modules to hide or show depending on acl, one to redirect the page based on acl and a plugin to show or hide sections of your content items based on the acl. All very cool stuff.

Shame you have to buy all these really cool bits, but I find it worth it.

Best,

NuMoon

Post edited by: NuMoon, at: 2009/07/19 16:49

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn