Block a Connection

15 years 7 months ago #70807 by jzaiat
Block a Connection was created by jzaiat
Hello. Is there a way to allow a user to block a connection?
I mean not the admin blocking a user, but the user blocking one of his own connections.

I'm also looking for a plugin to allow a user to suggest a connection to another (I've already posted that but nobody answered :( ).

I'm a programmer and I'm willing to contribute but I don't know how to code for joomla or cb, any hint would be appreciated :).

Thank you very much,

Jonathan Zaiat
Argentina

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #70813 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Block a Connection
jzaiat wrote:

Hello. Is there a way to allow a user to block a connection?
I mean not the admin blocking a user, but the user blocking one of his own connections.

I'm also looking for a plugin to allow a user to suggest a connection to another (I've already posted that but nobody answered :( ).

I'm a programmer and I'm willing to contribute but I don't know how to code for joomla or cb, any hint would be appreciated :).

Thank you very much,

Jonathan Zaiat
Argentina

Existing connections can be removed by either of the connected user at any time.

15 years 7 months ago #70819 by jzaiat
Replied by jzaiat on topic Re:Block a Connection
Hi Nick. Thanks for the fast response. And btw let me congratulate you for you great job!! :)

I'm not sure if removing a connection will accomplish what I have in mind, which is: I'm planning a dating site and I would like the users have a way to restrict others users for sending PMs to them or contacting them in any other way (or at least some ways). I mean, suppose you date someone and you dont like him/her but he/she keeps sending you PMs, til the point of being really annoying, so you want to block him/her. It's like an anti-stalker system, hehe! ;)

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
Jonathan

15 years 7 months ago #70823 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Block a Connection
jzaiat wrote:

Hi Nick. Thanks for the fast response. And btw let me congratulate you for you great job!! :)

I'm not sure if removing a connection will accomplish what I have in mind, which is: I'm planning a dating site and I would like the users have a way to restrict others users for sending PMs to them or contacting them in any other way (or at least some ways). I mean, suppose you date someone and you dont like him/her but he/she keeps sending you PMs, til the point of being really annoying, so you want to block him/her. It's like an anti-stalker system, hehe! ;)

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
Jonathan

Sounds like more of a black-list feature for your PMS component....

15 years 7 months ago #70826 by jzaiat
Replied by jzaiat on topic Re:Block a Connection
Ah, ok, I will check it out. Anyway, the PMS was just an example.

And what about the suggest friends? do you know how to do it?

Thanks a lot!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn