modifying the automated message sent to the admin

14 years 11 months ago #98716 by vigilant8
Hello,

When a new user is registered, an automated message is sent to the admin's email address with the following details:

Name, Username, Email.

Is there any way to make it send more details such as telephone number and several others that I have added into the registration form via the Community Builder?

I have achieved this once in the past though I cannot remember the source of the solution.

I would appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks very much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #98720 by nant
vigilant8 wrote:

Hello,

When a new user is registered, an automated message is sent to the admin's email address with the following details:

Name, Username, Email.

Is there any way to make it send more details such as telephone number and several others that I have added into the registration form via the Community Builder?

I have achieved this once in the past though I cannot remember the source of the solution.

I would appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks very much.

Its in the documentation.

You need to modify the appropriate language string.

14 years 11 months ago #98757 by vigilant8
Hello,

Thanks for the quick response.

Could you please provide me with a little more information on how to search for it in the documentation. I have tried to look for it but with no success.

I also believe that the language strings are there just for translation purposes and they do not add functionalities. Are you sure it's a language string that needs to be modified so as to make joomla send more info from the registration fields?

Please forgive me if I confused you.

Thanks again.

14 years 11 months ago #98759 by Rapunzl
The emails are composed within the language file. You simply need to find that portion of the language file and change it to your liking.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn