CB Contacts 1.1 Component

16 years 7 months ago #45698 by Swiftly
Replied by Swiftly on topic Re:CB Contacts 1.1 Component
Sorry, but I do not understand Joomlapolis anymore...

CB 1.1 does not work with Joomla 1.5 RC2
see here: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,44611/catid,7/

But this contactform is tested with rc2.... i can't follow it... but this must be my simple mind I guess...

Jack

Owner of Tradingmate.com
www.tradingmate.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #45703 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB Contacts 1.1 Component
Swiftly wrote:

Sorry, but I do not understand Joomlapolis anymore...

CB 1.1 does not work with Joomla 1.5 RC2
see here: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,44611/catid,7/

But this contactform is tested with rc2.... i can't follow it... but this must be my simple mind I guess...

This contactform is actually a component.
The component is compatible with Joomla 1.5 RC2 (in legacy mode).

16 years 7 months ago #45705 by Swiftly
Replied by Swiftly on topic Re:CB Contacts 1.1 Component
Ok, clear
Thanks for the reply!! :lol:

Jack

Owner of Tradingmate.com
www.tradingmate.com

16 years 7 months ago #45750 by brahmana
Replied by brahmana on topic Re:CB Contacts 1.1 Component
Hi,

I have installed CB with CB login and CB Contacts. I have not been able to exploit these to the fullest extent as I do have a proper ACL module. But I must say whatever I have explored are real good things. Great job people. Thank you very much.

I had created a lot of user accounts before installing CB utilities. I now want to know how I can link a contact to the CB profile. I created a menu item to the CB Contacts component and it lists all the contacts and categories very well. But when I click on any contact it displays the same old contacts page instead of the CB profile. I want the CB profile to be displayed when a user/contact is clicked. I am listing all users in one category.

I went through all the posts and found out that somebody wanted the reverse of this and he was suggested to unlink. But I was unable to find out where this linking is. Is the "Link to user" ? If so I have linked each contact to a corresponding user, but still the CB profile is not displayed.

Help on this is greatly appreciated.

I am using Joomla 1.0.12 and CB 1.1

Regards,
Brahmana.

16 years 7 months ago #45770 by connie@websitesforthearts
Replied by connie@websitesforthearts on topic Re:CB Contacts 1.1 Component
Unzip! :blush: That did it!

I'm very new to Joomla and CB-still trying to get it all figured out. Thanks,
Connie

Post edited by: connie@websitesforthearts, at: 2007/09/13 21:49

Connie

16 years 7 months ago #45867 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB Contacts 1.1 Component
brahmana wrote:

Hi,

I have installed CB with CB login and CB Contacts. I have not been able to exploit these to the fullest extent as I do have a proper ACL module. But I must say whatever I have explored are real good things. Great job people. Thank you very much.

I had created a lot of user accounts before installing CB utilities. I now want to know how I can link a contact to the CB profile. I created a menu item to the CB Contacts component and it lists all the contacts and categories very well. But when I click on any contact it displays the same old contacts page instead of the CB profile. I want the CB profile to be displayed when a user/contact is clicked. I am listing all users in one category.

I went through all the posts and found out that somebody wanted the reverse of this and he was suggested to unlink. But I was unable to find out where this linking is. Is the "Link to user" ? If so I have linked each contact to a corresponding user, but still the CB profile is not displayed.

Help on this is greatly appreciated.

I am using Joomla 1.0.12 and CB 1.1

Regards,
Brahmana.

CB Contacts displays for now the Joomla/Mambo info, but if you are logged in, the title is a link to CB profile.

This has been said in the announcement, and other releases will follow.

That said, linking to the CB profile is quite straight forward and should be a simple code change.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn