Generel questions

15 years 10 months ago #64155 by BoonDocksaint
Generel questions was created by BoonDocksaint
Hi guys

I have a few quistions for you abt CB 1.2

1. Do i have to install Fireboard seperatly or is it in the pakkage?

2. can i use PHPBB3 insted of Fireboard?

3. Can my communityusers create groups? Like f.eks. sport, hobbies etc?

4. ImageMagick - What is that? I visited their homepage and tryed to download it, but there was so many files to choose from, that i got confused abt. witch one i should pick

5. Is there any knowledge aboud what 3. party CB plugins that works or don´t with 1.2?

Super work guys -

Post edited by: BoonDocksaint, at: 2008/06/01 16:18

Post edited by: nant, at: 2008/06/01 22:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64189 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Generel questions
BoonDocksaint wrote:

Hi guys
I have a few quistions for you abt CB 1.2

Will try and address ...

1. Do i have to install Fireboard seperatly or is it in the pakkage?

CB does not have a forum component. Never did.
Yes you have to install and configure a forum package to use with your CMS of choice.

2. can i use PHPBB3 instead of Fireboard?

You can use any forum of your choice.

The CB forum plugin (included in CB) supports Fireboard/Joomlaboard/Simpleboard. PHPBB - why not take a look at CB Connector (the dev is on this forum).

3. Can my communityusers create groups? Like f.eks. sport, hobbies etc?

Not with CB. I think groupjive component will allow this.

4. ImageMagick - What is that? I visited their homepage and tryed to download it, but there was so many files to choose from, that i got confused abt. witch one i should pick

This is an image library for your website. CB will use it if it is present and if so instructed from the CB Configuration settings. Most hosts have GD library built in and this works just fine.

5. Is there any knowledge aboud what 3. party CB plugins that works or don´t with 1.2?

I think I answered this before. All CB 1.1 compatible plugins should work with CB 1.2RC - but don't expect them to be Joomla native - for this they will have to be adjusted-rewritten to take advantage of new CB API functions that avoid using Joomla 1.0.X specific calls.

Super work guys -

Post edited by: BoonDocksaint, at: 2008/06/01 16:18

Thank you for your support!

15 years 10 months ago #64203 by RichRawlings
Replied by RichRawlings on topic Re:Generel quistions
Just a note on the fireboard plug-in, it works great with Fireboard 1.1 B)

Thanks!

15 years 10 months ago #64212 by BoonDocksaint
Replied by BoonDocksaint on topic Re:Generel questions
Thx for the answers :o)

I still have some quistions - as i use Joomla 1.5.x

Most of the CB plugins is made for 1.0.x. You still use fx. Mamblog as blogcomponent even if it very old and only for 1.0.x

Is it possible to change it, so i can use a component made for 1.5.x?

I am very sad that there is no groupfunction in CB. Most communityes have that function as it is used a lot. GroupJive is also just made for 1.0.x and it does look like they are going to upgrade it in the near future -

15 years 10 months ago #64228 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Generel questions
BoonDocksaint wrote:

Thx for the answers :o)

I still have some quistions - as i use Joomla 1.5.x

Most of the CB plugins is made for 1.0.x. You still use fx. Mamblog as blogcomponent even if it very old and only for 1.0.x

Is it possible to change it, so i can use a component made for 1.5.x?

I am very sad that there is no groupfunction in CB. Most communityes have that function as it is used a lot. GroupJive is also just made for 1.0.x and it does look like they are going to upgrade it in the near future -

We are aware of the missing groups features and have been in contact with GroupJive team.

We have kept a few items on our todo-list for CB 1.3 and CB 2.0. ;)

We had to cut the features-inclusion at some stage in order to stabilize and release the much awaited native Joomla 1.5-support... :whistle:

Blogging-support for 1.5 isn't an issue, as most components today provide CB plugins, which are equivalent or better to the CB core plugins. That includes most blog components ;)

You need to know that all CB plugins which come with CB (except the core CB plugin "core") can be unpublished, and equivalent CB plugins for specific components can be installed. E.g. SMF has a CB plugin for SMF forum which works with the mambo bridge on Mambo ;) .

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn