Joomla 1.5.6
JFusion 1.0.7c
CB 1.2 RC2

Hello all! :)

I have a couple of questions about hack done by Friik;

File name: hack_phpbb3.zip
File size:35243 bytes

Here we go!

1. The code used is to bring up information from a "Joomla Database Table" that is located in the same database as PhPbb3.

Example:

Found on functions_display.php line 1154

$sql = "SELECT id FROM joo15_users WHERE username='".$uname."'";

Question:

I have PhPbb3 installed in a different database then Joomla. Is it possible to retrieve that information from an external database, and if yes, could someone please tell me how to? ;)

2. Under functions_content.php line 1127 there is this code:

$profile_url = "www.n-mag.de/portal/profil/userprofile/".$username." \" target=\"_parent\"";

It seems that as mentioned on the previous post that SEF 404 or something similar is being used to change the Urls.
On the code, the userprofile is being called by the username (.$username.).

Meaning, that without the Urls being changed by SEF, the address should be something like:

$profile_url = "website.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=".$username." \" target=\"_parent\"";

and like that, CB didn't recognize the username. It seemed to me like it would only work by the User ID.

My problem with this is; the users in from my Joomla database have different User IDs then the PhPbb3 database, which obviously make it go a bit wrong.

Question:

Does anyone know a way around this? :lol:

Heheh

And btw, thanks!

George Alexandrakis

Post edited by: cloakeddog, at: 2008/09/13 11:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #74779 by DutchMan
Replied by DutchMan on topic Re:PHPBB3
Friik wrote:

Btw, if you want to have a look at the forum tab I can share that one as well ;).

Please can you post the code here so we can take a look at it, thanks!

15 years 7 months ago #74783 by DutchMan
Friik wrote:

Btw, if you want to have a look at the forum tab I can share that one as well ;).

Please can you post the code here so we can take a look at it, thanks!

15 years 7 months ago #74832 by DutchMan
Friik wrote:

However, I've applied some hacks to (I think it were two files, viewtopic.php and functions_display.php) phpBB3 to achieve the following:
- get Avatar image from the field in CB database
- get ICQ,AIM,MSN,Yahoo,Jabber and Homepage from the CB database
- get birthday (for age) and city from CB database

We have tested your hack on a local server with Joomla 1.5.6, CB 1.2 RC 2 and phpbb 3.0.2 and some things dont work, for example:

When we enter information in cb fields like icq, aim, msn etc it get not displayed in our cb profiles. When we enter information in the profile on phpbb the information is not displayed in cb profile. Also it does not display the avatar from our cb profile or birthday.

15 years 7 months ago #74833 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:PHPBB3
Are you sure you tried it on 1.2 Dutchman? That's only available to subscribers.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 7 months ago #74834 by DutchMan
Yes, i'm sure about this. I was searching on the internet for information on cb 1.1 and did find cb 1.2 RC 2 as a download and because it's free software i thought i can use it to test it out on a loval server or is this not allowed?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds