problem after upgrading to 1.2

15 years 9 months ago #65952 by bscunningham
Replied by bscunningham on topic Re:problem after upgrading to 1.2.. (continued)
So now we have tried a server upgrade. We made the PHP point upgrade from php 5.2.5 to 5.2.6. No suprise that that didn't change anything.

We also tried upgrading to mootools r1.2

Recap:

User profiles can not be saved in back end. New or edit. Problem presents in all browsers. Mac Safari 3, Firefox 3, Windows Firefox 2, Safari2 IE7 and IE (gag me) 6

New symtom post PHP upgrade, Admin user is kicked out to log in after save user fails.

Front end works for all browsers except ie (gag me)6

Users can not enter edit mode in front end using ie (gag me) 6. Returns "internet Explorer can not open site"

This is the first time ever I have had a Joomla problem and have absolutly no idea what to try next.
:( :S :huh: :angry: :sick: :(

Please, anyone?

PHP Version: 5.2.6
Web Server: Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
WebServer to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable [ Sunglow ] 21 July 2007 16:00 UTC
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Post edited by: bscunningham, at: 2008/06/17 17:31

Post edited by: bscunningham, at: 2008/06/17 17:37

"Once you go MAC you never go back"
Bill Gates

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #65958 by nant

15 years 9 months ago #65960 by bscunningham
Replied by bscunningham on topic Re:problem after upgrading to 1.2
At this point that Know issue #2 doese not seem to apply at all. Could you please be more specific?

Bill Gates

15 years 9 months ago #66641 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:problem after upgrading to 1.2
Did you PM Nick backend access ?

Try following to have better Javascript error report:

Turn joomla site debug to ON. This will make CB use the non-packed versions of the javascript files, so you can better see and report back the error.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #66687 by bscunningham
Replied by bscunningham on topic Re:problem after upgrading to 1.2
I just :lol: FINALLY:lol: ran this one down last night. It went back to a known bug with the JCE-116 mambot we had installed 6 months ago. The problem didn't start until we upgraded to CB-1.2. I finally figured it out when testing CB1.2 under the joomla default rhuk-solorfare template. The problem went away. Apparently it took a 3 way conflict between my Rocket Theme template, CB-1.2 aned JCE-116 to cause the IE crashes.

Lucky me :pinch:

Nick didn't think it was a .js issue so I went off in another direction for awhile. (thanks Nick ;) )

Upgrading to current the JCE-118 cured the problems.

Bill Gates

15 years 9 months ago #66689 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:problem after upgrading to 1.2
Cool. :)

Maybe you should edit the title of your first post of thread to reflect the problem better so that others find the solution easier ;)

EDIT: added " the title of " above :D

+

Thanks for giving solution back B)

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/06/28 01:50

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn