"Require Unique E-mail" want it OFF

15 years 8 months ago #70018 by rowby
UPDATE -- I see now that CB 1.5 requires unique email addresses so that passwords can be retrieved via the user's email address. Maybe his info can be added to the description in the CB Unique Email address section in the CB Configuration so that Webmasters can be aware of why it is Unique Email is hard coded in that panel.

Rowby

Using RC2 and Joomla! 1.5.3

CB configuration has "Require Unique E-mail" hard coded to YES. I can't change it to NO and don't see anywhere in the Joomla GLOBAL configuration to turn to to NO

I know in the older versions of Joomla I could change unique emails to NO in the GLOBAL configuration -- but don't see it anywhere in the 1.5.3 global configuration. Unless I am missing something.

I need to let CB users use non-unique emails.

Any suggestions????

Thanks

Rowby

Post edited by: rowby, at: 2008/07/31 11:40

Post edited by: rowby, at: 2008/07/31 11:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #70027 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:
rowby wrote:

UPDATE -- I see now that CB 1.5 requires unique email addresses so that passwords can be retrieved via the user's email address. Maybe his info can be added to the description in the CB Unique Email address section in the CB Configuration so that Webmasters can be aware of why it is Unique Email is hard coded in that panel.

Rowby

Using RC2 and Joomla! 1.5.3

CB configuration has "Require Unique E-mail" hard coded to YES. I can't change it to NO and don't see anywhere in the Joomla GLOBAL configuration to turn to to NO

I know in the older versions of Joomla I could change unique emails to NO in the GLOBAL configuration -- but don't see it anywhere in the 1.5.3 global configuration. Unless I am missing something.

I need to let CB users use non-unique emails.

Any suggestions????

Thanks

Rowby

Post edited by: rowby, at: 2008/07/31 11:40

Post edited by: rowby, at: 2008/07/31 11:49

There is a nice comment next to the CB configuration parameter:

If "yes", users cannot share the same email address. This is a CMS global setting for the site, or a CMS feature. CB adapts automatically to this setting/feature.

Joomla 1.5.X does NOT allow use of the same email address.

Only suggestion would be to go back to Joomla 1.0.X series?

Post edited by: nant, at: 2008/07/31 12:30

15 years 6 months ago #75978 by zpinhead
Replied by zpinhead on topic Re:"Require Unique E-mail" want it OFF
... However, with bulk inserts of members using CBJuice, the requirement is ignored. You just won't be able to update the member profiles.

The workaround for that is to change one of the duplicate addresses to a new/fake one. CB also makes using a truly fake address (@foo.foo) difficult since it checks the email address. Joomla does not, however, so if you use Site > User Manager, it's possible to insert a fake address.

Users of the site I manage belong to an association. Many work together and share an email address. Like the first poster, I would like this parameter turned OFF.

Post edited by: zpinhead, at: 2008/10/01 18:29

15 years 6 months ago #76012 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:"Require Unique E-mail" want it OFF
zpinhead, read the post directly above. As nant said, it's Joomla 1.5 not allowing same email addresses. You will have to downgrade to 1.0 to allow this.
:dry:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 6 months ago #76022 by zpinhead
Replied by zpinhead on topic Re:"Require Unique E-mail" want it OFF
Thanks, I did see that. I just wanted to point out that it's possible to inadvertently circumvent the rule using CBJuice and to suggest they might want to reconsider in future versions.

15 years 6 months ago #76025 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:
zpinhead wrote:

Thanks, I did see that. I just wanted to point out that it's possible to inadvertently circumvent the rule using CBJuice and to suggest they might want to reconsider in future versions.

True - the database table does not require a unique email address column - its the joomla interface that does the checking.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn