Suggestion for Manual: Profile Design

15 years 10 months ago #65460 by nhudell
Suggestion for Manual: Profile Design was created by nhudell
From my own experiences, and from reading the forums here, I think that it would be a great resource to have a chapter on how users can edit the layout of the profile.

It would not need to be complicated, simply a collection of the replacement/substitution tags, and how and where to implement them.

Also well as how best to use the code to call up fields and tab positions.

There could also be a type of "Hello World" template and alternate comprofiler.html.php file, that could show users how to tweak and simplify the look of their CB pages.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #65490 by Terp
Replied by Terp on topic Re:Suggestion for Manual: Profile Design
Great idea, sir. I was also thinking about this, especially for the different positions...dozens of them now and after selected a half dozen with the dropdown, I was thinking a nice graphic that shows all the positions would be nice, too. :)

15 years 10 months ago #66091 by janeinpa
Replied by janeinpa on topic Re:Suggestion for Manual: Profile Design
That is exactly what I'm looking for! I'm new to this and I want to change the way the profile layout looks. the first thing is it is too wide for my template. Where do I start to fix this? Where do I find the css? Thanks!

15 years 10 months ago #66097 by ruigato
Replied by ruigato on topic Re:Suggestion for Manual: Profile Design
another vote on this

ruigato.com

15 years 9 months ago #66366 by nhudell
Replied by nhudell on topic Re:Suggestion for Manual: Profile Design
It is good to see that other users would value this idea.

In the mean time, can other CB users post some good resources for customising CB? Reading the forums here do give a great deal of information, as does the documentation, but the evidence is clear, every single CB enabled joomla website uses the same functions, and has the same drop down menu's, and the same tabs, and the same cumbersome 'friending' process.

Perhaps people could post some concrete ideas on how to make a CB installation unique? I think the best way to do this would be to simplify CB, remove the connection "types", and free the drop down menu items to contextualised links in the logical positions. Eg: the link to send another user an email or make a connection request should be under their profile image, not under a drop down menu.

Anyone care to contribute?

15 years 9 months ago #66383 by janeinpa
Replied by janeinpa on topic Re:Suggestion for Manual: Profile Design
Yes, please. I'm a complete newcomer. Can someone point me to directions on where to start customizing the profile page?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn