Fields won't publish

15 years 8 months ago #67028 by christofire
Fields won't publish was created by christofire
First, let me say that I'm happy to support this great project as a "Documentation Subscriber." Thanks for the preview of RC2.

Installed with no problems on Joomla 1.5.3.

I have found a couple of small issues, most important to me:
Certain fields have the "Published?" option locked, namely: "Name" which is locked with the "no" option. I think this is the reason that only Images and Locations (and not Names) are displayed in my userlist. For what it's worth, I believe I was able to unpublish the field before it was locked, but I may be wrong. So, how can I can publish the "Name" field so the userlist displays properly?

Also, the issue I have about preferring to open links with target=_self remains with RC2 (and unaddressed by the forum).

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,40/id,66624/#66624

Christopher
HomeMap.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #67030 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Fields won't publish
christofire wrote:

First, let me say that I'm happy to support this great project as a "Documentation Subscriber." Thanks for the preview of RC2.

Installed with no problems on Joomla 1.5.3.

I have found a couple of small issues, most important to me:
Certain fields have the "Published?" option locked, namely: "Name" which is locked with the "no" option. I think this is the reason that only Images and Locations (and not Names) are displayed in my userlist. For what it's worth, I believe I was able to unpublish the field before it was locked, but I may be wrong. So, how can I can publish the "Name" field so the userlist displays properly?

Also, the issue I have about preferring to open links with target=_self remains with RC2 (and unaddressed by the forum).

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,40/id,66624/#66624

Christopher
HomeMap.com

Yes, name gets unpublished if you have firstname and lastname e.g. saved as CB configuration. But you can use "formatedname" field. + you could have a "Field delimiter" fields-type with e.g.

Name

or

_UE_NAME

in its title, and

[firstname] [lastname]

in its description, this will substitute what's needed to form the name

or in description you could even have:

[name]

(hm that might not work in all users-lists, as it loads not all fields from database to save bandwidth but only listed fields or fields needed for the list).

yes, the target=_self hasn't had time to go into RC 2 (also it's not recommended by usability guidelines btw).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #67041 by christofire
Replied by christofire on topic Re:Fields won't publish
Thanks for the clarification. I got it straitened out.

By the way, I *LOVE* the email as login and I also really appreciate the new look of the graphics on the registration page.

I'll address the target=_self in the other thread.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn