Direct logout link (not module button)

11 years 1 month ago #68985 by cursor
Hey CB-Team,

thanks again for great CB1.2. I haven't yet found any component that runs so stable and smoothly and is still RC!

I'm running Joomla! 1.5.4 and CB 1.2 RC2 and I want to add an Logout-Link in my Usermenu. Is that somehow possible?

I checked available links in the menu manager for CB but all I found is register which doesn't make that much sense in that situation.

I also tried [code:1]index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=logout[/code:1] which I found somewhere in the forum - that logs me out, but unfortunately doesn't redirect me (like to module logout button) and only gives me error "_UE_REGISTERFORPROFILE".

Do you have any ideas how I could achieve that I get logged out and redirected to the homepage (like the module does?)

Kind regards and thanks in advance.
Oli
11 years 1 month ago #69045 by Rapunzl
Add an External Link with the code you sited as the URL:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=logout

It works, but you'll have to modify the internal code in module/cblogin or more likely components/comprofiler to redirect to the front page instead of the profile error. The logout works though.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2008/07/23 00:47

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction
11 years 1 month ago #69085 by rpitera
Rapunzl wrote:

Add an External Link with the code you sited as the URL:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=logout

It works, but you'll have to modify the internal code in module/cblogin or more likely components/comprofiler to redirect to the front page instead of the profile error. The logout works though.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2008/07/23 00:47

I think the code is in comprofiler around line 163 (but you'll want to doublecheck this with one of the core coders):

[code:1] }

if ( $return ) {
cbRedirect( strncasecmp( $return, "index.php", 9 ) ? cbSef( $return, false ) : $return );
} else {
cbRedirect( cbSef( 'index.php', false ) );
}[/code:1]

Post edited by: rpitera, at: 2008/07/23 14:04
11 years 1 month ago #69126 by beat
I don't think there is a direct link for logout in CB yet (good idea).

You can use joomla's one (just the CB events won't be made, which isn't an issue in most cases).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
11 years 1 month ago #70014 by isyan
can you please show me how to use the log out module of joomla which directly logs the use out when clicked?

thanks again..
11 years 1 month ago #70044 by rpitera
There should already be one in your User Menu. If not, simply make a component link to the login component and name it "Logout".

If the user is already logged in this should log him or her out.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds
Facebook Twitter Google LinkedIn