Mambot Hack Does NOT work in RC2 -SOLVED

15 years 7 months ago #69807 by drewsu2
I upgraded from 1.2 RC1 to RC2 recently and have always used the mambot hack by Mikko to allow mambots to my community builder profiles. However, with the newest edition, the hack no longer works and generates this fatal error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cbredirect() (previously declared in /home/drestivo/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php:295) in /home/drestivo/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php on line 2799

The hack I am talking about is this: www.joomlapolis.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/cb_autohacks.zip

Im supposed to insert the hack under this line of code:

if ($prefix != null && ($oReturn != null || $oReturn != '')) {
$oReturn = $prefix.$oReturn;

Here is the hack:

// CB AUTOHACK mambots START
global $_MAMBOTS;
$_MAMBOTS->loadBotGroup( 'content' );
$tmp_row = new stdClass();
$tmp_params = new mosParameters('');
$tmp_row->text = $oReturn;
$_MAMBOTS->trigger( 'onPrepareContent', array( &$tmp_row, &$tmp_params ), true );
$oReturn = $tmp_row->text;
// CB AUTOHACK mambots END

Am I missing something? Any help will be greatly appreciated! thank you

Post edited by: drewsu2, at: 2008/08/04 17:21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #69813 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Mambot Hack Does NOT work in RC2
Well, this "autohack" needs to be adapted to CB 1.2 RC 2, as lots of things changed between CB 1.1 and CB 1.2 RC 2...and it obviously doesn't use CB API, so backwards compatibility isn't assured... ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #69883 by drewsu2
Replied by drewsu2 on topic Re:Mambot Hack Does NOT work in RC2
beat wrote:

Well, this "autohack" needs to be adapted to CB 1.2 RC 2, as lots of things changed between CB 1.1 and CB 1.2 RC 2...and it obviously doesn't use CB API, so backwards compatibility isn't assured... ;)

Thanks for getting back to me so fast Beat! Any chance that in the next release that we can have an Mambots Enable button in the configuration or is that something that you guys are leaving out on purpose for business reasons? Any ideas on how to get mambots enabled on RC2 other than completely rewriting the old hack?

Thanks for all that you do!

15 years 7 months ago #70067 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Mambot Hack Does NOT work in RC2
We do believe that firing joomla content mambots on user-supplied content is potentially a security risk. Therefore it's not included :)

With CB 1.2 RC 2 I believe It is possible to write a clean plugin without hacks to achieve that for those who still want it. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #70092 by drewsu2
Replied by drewsu2 on topic Re:Mambot Hack Does NOT work in RC2
beat wrote:

We do believe that firing joomla content mambots on user-supplied content is potentially a security risk. Therefore it's not included :)

With CB 1.2 RC 2 I believe It is possible to write a clean plugin without hacks to achieve that for those who still want it. :)

Thanks Beat. I just outsourced this project to Joomlancers and as soon as this plugin is created, I will attach it to this thread so that others may benefit. Thanks for the clarification.

15 years 7 months ago #70236 by TopManiac
Replied by TopManiac on topic Re:Mambot Hack Does NOT work in RC2
it would be great if the hack work under cb rc2 i have read a lot of posts .. and a lot of member wishes mambot work with cb rc2 and rc1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn