can't save CB User edit in backend

15 years 7 months ago #72215 by jpsim
Replied by jpsim on topic Re:can't save CB User edit in backend
I have the same problem ... but i speak not englisch ... only french ...

www.tamburin-fr.ch

CB 1.2 RC2
Joomla 1.5.6

Post edited by: jpsim, at: 2008/08/25 21:34

Post edited by: jpsim, at: 2008/08/25 21:35

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #75816 by maranate
Replied by maranate on topic Re:can't save CB User edit in backend
I may be having this same problem, but I'm on CB 1.1 and Joomla 1.0.15. Did you find a solution? I really need to get this fixed because it has crippled our website.

Christina

15 years 5 months ago #75820 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:can't save CB User edit in backend
Christina and jpsim, try using Chrome javascript debug to see what errors you get. Again, this sounds more like a javascript and/or template issue. Does the problem go away when you use a default Joomla template?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 5 months ago #75822 by maranate
I basically have the same site up on two hosts. It works on one, not the other. I just don't know enough about scripting or debugging to figure this out. I'm using the default joomla admin template, if that helps.
The only difference I can see easily between the two hosts is that one that works is on php 5.1.6, the one that doesn't work is on php 5.2.6.

I'll see if I can figure out the javascript debug thing - I assume that is Google's Chrome browser?

Christina

15 years 5 months ago #75825 by maranate
OK - using Google Chrome debug Java, I get this error when clicking on the Save or the Cancel button:

JavaScript Debugger
uncaught exception TypeError: Cannot read property 'document' of undefined

Any ideas how to fix this or any ideas where to direct me to get help fixing this?

Christina

15 years 5 months ago #75832 by maranate
I took a look at the Java Console and with this line uncaught exception TypeError: Cannot read property 'document' of undefined

was a line about a particular .js file that was within the JCE Editor folder. I first upgraded JCE and tried that, it didn't work. I unpublished it and switched back to TinyMCE and now I can save/cancel out of the profiles in CB.

This is not the best solution for us, but hopefully it will point others down the right path for a better solution.

Christina

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn