A Simple connection paths message

15 years 7 months ago #72220 by unleashit
A Simple connection paths message was created by unleashit
Hi, I'm just finishing up my first real world CB installation and I must say it's quite a powerful app... It takes a lot of time to properly theme (and I've had to hack it in several places), but that aside it's Fabulous!

My question is regarding the messages the users see when "Display Connection Path" is checked in the backend (connections tab in the configuration).

I know how to change the language file, but is there a way to make the message only reflect if the user is connected or not... i.e. no "levels" of connection.

The problem is that I use the cb autowelcome plugin which makes me a connection on registration. That automatically makes EVERYONE connected by 2 degrees, which seems a bit strange. Can I just make it simply either "you are friends with" or "you are not friends with"? Thanks for any advice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #72245 by nhudell
Replied by nhudell on topic Re:A Simple connection paths message
I also would love to see this. I understand that some users like the flexibility of the sophisticated connections, but for many (myself included) it can appear overly complex.

I have written this elsewhere, but I would love too see an option in the config to turn on "simple connections". as unleashit writes above, it would display simpler messages, as well as disabling connection "types" and connection "comments".

I think something like this would be very powerful for many users.

15 years 7 months ago #72440 by unleashit
Replied by unleashit on topic Re:A Simple connection paths message
If not an option, is there some fairly simple way to hack this into being? Maybe a few lines of code to comment out somewhere? If it's more complicated I'll just turn it off.

15 years 7 months ago #72450 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:A Simple connection paths message
How about setting the maximum degrees of connections to 1 ?

in comprofiler.class.php look for:
[code:1] function getDegreeOfSepPathArray( $fromid, $toid, $limit = 10, $degree = 6 ) {
[/code:1]

and change the last 6 to 1 ?

That would show the connection only for direct connection... :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #72472 by unleashit
Replied by unleashit on topic Re:A Simple connection paths message
Thanks, that worked perfectly!

And if you're as anal about design as me, you'll probably want to take out the <br /> tags in cb.connections.php (look for the _UE_DIRECTCONNECTIONPENDINGACCEPTANCE language string). Otherwise you'll get some extra space that might look funny in a tight template.

15 years 7 months ago #72474 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:A Simple connection paths message
If this is configurable, it'll be great ;)

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.742 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn