Login error - other users homepage

15 years 7 months ago #72487 by mattfaulds
Login error - other users homepage was created by mattfaulds
Hi

There's a Joomla/CB login issue which has come to light. It involves users being sent to the homepage of another user who is currently logged in. As far as I can work out, this happens both when someone is set to be logged in automatically and when a guest visits the site. Worryingly, the session error is not identified immediately and one of my users contacted me to say that he was able to access another users profile before he clicked logout.

This is being discussed on a Joomla forum:

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=432&t=319565&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Any ideas/comments?

J1.5.6
CB 1.2 RC2
PHP 5.2.6
MySQL 5.0.51

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #72584 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Login error - other users homepage
[rant]Not to be a cold blanket, but I think everyone should make some serious consideration when installing J!1.5.

Just take a look at the amount of problem reports on this forum that are related to 1.5. Pages and pages of them. And it's not just here, it's on almost every other project's forum.

Developers are wasting time trying to figure out what's wrong with 1.5 instead of spending that precious time on their extensions. What makes it worse is most users don't even understand the difference. To them, when something doesn't work, they just go "Oh look, it's broken. Fix it. NOW!"[/rant]

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

15 years 2 months ago #85459 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Login error - other users homepage
Good news is that the Joomla-team has now a patch proposal to test for those affected by this Joomla bug here:

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1547819#p1547819

Please make sure to test this patch, and any further proposals in that threas, and report on that joomla topic your results, so it can be fixed, which is what matters, now that Joomla 1.5 is getting more stable.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn