Solved: Store Errors on Profile Updates

11 years 11 months ago #68790 by rpitera
Generally, my upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 RC2 went according to the directions. But I am getting a SQL Store error anytime I try to update my user profile (I am a superadmin, BTW)

Particulars:
J! 1.0.15 Stable
CB 1.2 RC2
MySQL 4.0.27-max-log
PHP Version: 4.4.8

Tools shows the CB Databases as totally green
Tools shows Plugin db as totally green as well
I have synced users with the db without an error
None of the actions above made a change.

Key part of Error message:
{Note, spaces in between colons after "moscomprofiler" and before "store" are there to defeat a smiley from being rendered. There are no spaces in the actual code!}
moscomprofiler : : store failed: Unknown column 'lastpasswordchange' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE jos_comprofiler (followed by my user table entry details)

When updating profile, error shows as alert dialog. When update is canceled, error shows above profile. Also happens if I try to update from the back end.

I have one test user and was able to login and mod the profile without an error. Checked the test user and the value for lastpasswordchange in jos_users for that user is 'NULL'. My account (as well as most others) has a date value in that field.

After I nulled the field value, I was able to update without an error.

Hope this is enough to get you started, let me know if you need anything else!

Post edited by: rpitera, at: 2008/07/19 20:21

EDIT: changed thread title per user request :)

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/07/23 15:20
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #68791 by rpitera
Screenshot image for issue above

Attachment storeerror.zip not found

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #68922 by rpitera
:( Any thoughts? I tried to make it as clear and detailed as possible.

I see that at least one person has had a similar problem so I'm hoping some one can find the time to at least give me some clues on what to search for...:(

Post edited by: rpitera, at: 2008/07/23 12:48

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #69088 by rpitera
Well solved this one on myself with some help from another thread!

The field 'lastpasswordchange' is NOT a core field; it's added when you install the Brightcode Password Changer. I have since uninstalled this (since the 'friend' that shared it with me neglected to mention it was a commercial subscription app - some friend, huh?) but apparently it never dropped the field from the table.

So the key here is that if you are getting store errors on profile updates, pay close attention to the field named and see if you can trace it back to a 3PD component that extended the core user fields.

Hope this helps someone!
(Perhaps a mod could rename the thread "Solved: Store Errors on Profile Updates" so others can find it!)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #69091 by beat
Thanks for sharing the solution B)

renaming thread :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #78395 by lepieter
Sorry for mention this treat again guys but i gote the same problem as you do. I don't know were to start to solve this same problem, could you give me one more tip thanks :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn