#10: Drop Down (Single) non-mandatory value edit

15 years 8 months ago #70297 by georges
Want to throw this out there and see if 1. my understanding of how this work is correct, and 2. if anyone else is getting the same problem.

So I have a Field called Wednesday Open with a drop down (single select) option with various times (ie 1:00AM, 2:00 PM, etc..). Everything seems to work fine but when a user selects the blank spot at the top of the drop down to indicate they don't want a time set the field stays the same as it was before. It's kind of strange and of course if I go into SQL database and delete it, then it will show up as blank on the user profile and the drop down is reset back to the blank spot. Not sure if it's just me or if this isn't suppose to work this way once a user commits to a selection.

Thanks in advance,

GS

******UPDATE******
Tried the same thing on multi-select and everything works the way it's suppose to.

Post edited by: georges, at: 2008/08/03 10:01

Post edited by: georges, at: 2008/08/03 10:03

EDIT: changed title to reflect problem and number it.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/08/03 22:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #70305 by nant
georges wrote:

Want to throw this out there and see if 1. my understanding of how this work is correct, and 2. if anyone else is getting the same problem.

So I have a Field called Wednesday Open with a drop down (single select) option with various times (ie 1:00AM, 2:00 PM, etc..). Everything seems to work fine but when a user selects the blank spot at the top of the drop down to indicate they don't want a time set the field stays the same as it was before. It's kind of strange and of course if I go into SQL database and delete it, then it will show up as blank on the user profile and the drop down is reset back to the blank spot. Not sure if it's just me or if this isn't suppose to work this way once a user commits to a selection.

Thanks in advance,

GS

******UPDATE******
Tried the same thing on multi-select and everything works the way it's suppose to.

Post edited by: georges, at: 2008/08/03 10:01

Post edited by: georges, at: 2008/08/03 10:03

Why not just add another selection to the list to mean that they dont want to specify a time?

15 years 8 months ago #70309 by cemainickam
Replied by cemainickam on topic Re:Possible Bug on Drop Down (Single Select)
same BUG :(

15 years 8 months ago #70338 by beat
I would also say this is a "ui bug".

Nick's workaround until we fix this should work.

I'm now moving the thread to known issues forum for flagging this for fixing and changing title.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76063 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: #10 Bug on Drop Down (Single Select)
Thanks for reporting. :)

This issue has been addressed and fixed in Community Builder 1.2 RC 3, like all other known issues, and is available now for a last short rounds of live site testings, before CB 1.2 Stable release. :)

================= ISSUE FIXED ====================

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn