#12: Forbidden Words Issues To Resolve

15 years 8 months ago #70895 by mediaguru
#12: Forbidden Words Issues To Resolve was created by mediaguru
I'm very happy to see the new area on CB fields called "Forbidden Words." I've been lobbying for username character restrictions and this feature is close to doing the trick which my JS hacked CB core file used to do.

The problems:

1. To put in a word or character which is forbidden when editing a cb field requires you to put commas between. What if you want the comma itself to be forbidden? I tried 3 commas in a row but that didn't do it. Names like "tonr,f" are allowed but I don't want the comma to be allowed.

2. This character "<" doesn't register in the forbidden words. If I put that character in as forbidden, I can still register a name like "tonr<f" and the ajax checker says "the username tonr" is free..."

That being said, the forbidden character ">" is forbidden fine. If I register the name "tonr>f" the ajax checker comes back and says the input value is not authorized like it should.

3. Typing in these two characters as forbidden: the single quote and double quote, result in a backslash then quote in the field after saving, which I understand. These forbidden characters are correctly forbidden, but it may be confusing for some.

4. Backslash BUG!!! If you have a backslash in the forbidden words field, EVERY TIME you save it the backslashes are doubled!

EG: I just had this in the forbidden field: \\\\\\\',\\\\\\\"

I just hit save and now I have this:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\',\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

If I save again I get:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\',\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Post edited by: mediaguru, at: 2008/08/10 04:07

Post edited by: mediaguru, at: 2008/08/10 04:10

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/08/10 23:05

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #70898 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Forbidden Words Issues To Resolve
mediaguru wrote:

I'm very happy to see the new area on CB fields called "Forbidden Words." I've been lobbying for username character restrictions and this feature is close to doing the trick which my JS hacked CB core file used to do.

The problems:

1. To put in a word or character which is forbidden when editing a cb field requires you to put commas between. What if you want the comma itself to be forbidden? I tried 3 commas in a row but that didn't do it. Names like "tonr,f" are allowed but I don't want the comma to be allowed.

2. This character "<" doesn't register in the forbidden words. If I put that character in as forbidden, I can still register a name like "tonr<f" and the ajax checker says "the username tonr" is free..."

That being said, the forbidden character ">" is forbidden fine. If I register the name "tonr>f" the ajax checker comes back and says the input value is not authorized like it should.

3. Typing in these two characters as forbidden: the single quote and double quote, result in a backslash then quote in the field after saving, which I understand. These forbidden characters are correctly forbidden, but it may be confusing for some.

4. Backslash BUG!!! If you have a backslash in the forbidden words field, EVERY TIME you save it the backslashes are doubled!

EG: I just had this in the forbidden field: \\\\\\\',\\\\\\\"

I just hit save and now I have this:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\',\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

If I save again I get:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\',\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Post edited by: mediaguru, at: 2008/08/10 04:07

Post edited by: mediaguru, at: 2008/08/10 04:10

Will look into this.

BTW - your sig wish list can be updated.
Upload at registration :cheer:

15 years 8 months ago #70899 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Forbidden Words Issues To Resolve
nant wrote:

Will look into this.

BTW - your sig wish list can be updated.
Upload at registration :cheer:

I look forward to what you find out. I've got 1.2 RC 2 on a small commercial site, but until these issues are worked out I'm waiting to put it on my big golf site.

And yes, I do need to update my sig, but the new character limit for sigs will force me to cut that thing in half so I'm waiting for the right time. :woohoo:

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

15 years 8 months ago #70945 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Forbidden Words Issues To Resolve
Moving thread to identified issues.

Thanks for reporting this problem.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76066 by beat
Thanks for reporting. :)

This issue has been addressed and fixed in Community Builder 1.2 RC 3, like all other known issues, and is available now for a last short rounds of live site testings, before CB 1.2 Stable release. :)

================= ISSUE FIXED ====================

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.470 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn