We have moved and found a sponsor!

17 years 6 months ago #20811 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:We have moved and found a sponsor!
av05 wrote:

hi guys,

my joomla sites are really slow- i mean, really slow.
they are on a dedicated box with (what i think is) enough memory.
i see that as joomlapolis.com moved to a new server- the sites speeded up. looks much better!
i wanted to ask nick- can you share the specifications of your new server- maybe i can try to replicate what you did
( i mean, cpu, memory, what else is running on that server, etc).

thanks!!!

KreativMedia provides us a with a Managed Dedicated Premium server with all options, as described here:

www.kreativmedia.ch/index.php?id=dedicated

The server is well installed and configured for heavy php and mysql usage.

With 30 guests and 15 members online like now, we see CPU loads around 0.05 (yes...5%). And it scales well proportionally with users (double users online is double CPU).

And with 2 Gigs of RAM, we never got memory disk swap used up to now.

Also the connectivity is very good, with plenty of spare bandwidth.

We have only joomlapolis as active server runing.

If you experience a slow site, it can be because of many things:
- CPU
- memory
- database
- disks
- network connectivity
- server software and configuration
- other sites on shared host or virtual server
- heavy site template
- heavy site
- extensions. Some small modules, if not well written, can slow your site down very very much with CPU and/or database accesses.

The nice thing here, is that for most of these potential problems, we have good backend tools.

Configuring a server, hosting, caring about and troubleshooting performance issues is not an easy task, and that's where there are huge differences between server configurations, which are not only in the hardware.

Depending on the server software installation and configuration you may have a factor of 3-30 in performance, sometimes way more. Sysadmin is not an easy job, and that's where there are differences in hosters. Just take a look at Joomla forums how many hosters don't even understand about basic php security configuration with the new Joomla 1.0.11 security settings warnings.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #21738 by junkers
Replied by junkers on topic Re:We have moved and found a sponsor!
Hmmm. Given all the problems I'm having, I will take a closer look at KreativMedia.

16 years 6 months ago #44686 by abeen
Replied by abeen on topic Re:We have moved and found a sponsor!
[img size=150][/img]
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn