New Package Installer for our 101 add-ons!

11 years 10 months ago #202672 by beat
Fresh from our stats department:

Just in last two days, thousands of generated packages have been generated and downloaded, for a total of 90 different combinations of plugins!

As there weren't that many issues reported, we are also very happy of this new service.

A new package installer has just been uploaded and tested, that should address the very few glitches reported so far.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #203068 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: New Package Installer for our 101 add-ons!
The package installer is a good idea... and timesaver.

But i am curious how to track updates, new releases and version numbers?! Just noticed that the forge area has no file tab anymore... In the past, I made heavy use of the RSS activity feed. But now there is no file or version info. Did I miss something?

EDIT:
o.k. I found the single downloads link ;-)
Since you are using DOCman, there is no RSS feed! Do you add one? (I remember there was a 3rdparty solution for J15). Or do you change the download component?

11 years 10 months ago #203273 by diogotu
Thaaaaaank You
sooooooo much...

that was a really useful and necessary idea :)
my life updating became soooooo much easy

it was 42 addons...

i was not updating anymore because it was 42 downloads and 42 uploads... now i have pleasure again, when i know that is a new release for update!

:) :) :) :)

big hug and lots of thanks

11 years 7 months ago #209174 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: New Package Installer for our 101 add-ons!
A suggestion: why not let user choose the name of the zip file he create with combinations?

It will be easier to download it in future for every site if I assign a name that I know corresponds to a website domain.

example:

for mysite1 -> mysite1.zip
for mysite2 -> mysite2.zip

and so on...

11 years 7 months ago #209178 by jojo12
Perhaps I am stupid, but why you don't rename it?

11 years 7 months ago #209181 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: New Package Installer for our 101 add-ons!

jojo12 wrote: Perhaps I am stupid, but why you don't rename it?

i dont need to rename it after downloaded.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn