File upload at registration

15 years 2 months ago #84122 by wrongjon
Replied by wrongjon on topic Re:File upload at registration
Hi
No I ended up building my own CV upload form using Chrono Forms and used the same COM to build screen lists of those who have uploaded a CV with links to view.

Beat did say they could add a file upload field type if you were willing to pay for the work?

regards
jonathan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #84244 by benech
Replied by benech on topic Re:File upload at registration
Hi,

My solution, not very sexy :

- Registred users upload their cv using JDownloads
- In the user profile, they have a tab CV including a single field (type 'Editor text area') where they link one or more CV files to pdf icons, add comments ...

15 years 2 months ago #86549 by gehan
Replied by gehan on topic Re:File upload at registration
HI jonathan

I see that you got chrono Form to work with CB ..I been trying to do that couldn't get it work ..the only thing I done changed the link on the mod_CBLogin file so once I click on the register on CB I got th chrono Form ..but I am not able to handle on submit ...

I appreciate your kind respond

Thank you very much

Rania

15 years 2 months ago #86550 by gehan
HI

Which file in Com_comprofiler has the Registration form HTML and php code ...I need to change it to add upload file field

Thank you very much

Rania

15 years 2 months ago #86577 by wrongjon
Replied by wrongjon on topic Re:File upload at registration
Hi

I didn't change CB in the end

I used Chrono Forms to just build a form to upload CV within the site (not at registration)

The form uploads the file to server and adds a value like www.sitename.com/uploads/resumes/filename.doc|*|view cv to a CB field of type web address. If you set webaddress field to HYPERTEXT and URL then the value above causes you to just see "View CV" when vieing the field in profile or userlists and when click it links to the file in a new browser window.

I placed the field in a new TAB thats only visible to Managers and above so other users cant see each others CVs.

If you want to have CV file upload on registration then you have two options:

1) Build your own CB reg form using Chrono Forms (see their forums)

2) Build your own CB field type/plugin (much like the avatar upload) to handle files.

Good luck
Jonathan

15 years 2 months ago #86668 by gehan
HI Jonathan

Thank you for your reply I am going to go with the second option and build a plugin to handle file upload ..but I couldn't find the form HTML code ..to change the HTML and add more fields I guess it suppose to e in Comprofiler but couldn't find it

Do you know where is the HTml code ?

Thank you very much

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn