No Modules display in Profile View

15 years 2 months ago #85861 by sdhiphop
Replied by sdhiphop on topic Re:No Modules display in Profile View
OK, well it wasn't the user list since I never load smaple data...

but I did find the culprit... it is the acajoom CB plugin.

When published it doesn't allow new modules to appear on profile page if I unpublish it the modules appear.

Thanks for the help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #85901 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:No Modules display in Profile View
There's like 3 different problems in 1 thread. What's the primary problem of this thread. I ask that others with a different problem other then the title entails start a new thread so we can properly asses what is what.

For the modules not displaying. This is an itemid issue. The only factor in module display is itemid. That's it. That is the controlling factor. Ensure your itemid of the link (as shown in your address bar) matches that of the menu link you used.

Itemid grabbing code such as clicking a users name in the userlist or say the avatar within the login module checks the database for the itemid. If you have multiple copies of the same link. That is where you're going to run into trouble. As the modules will ONLY show IF the itemid matches that of the menu link you created and assigned the modules to.

So what that means is you might have links in your trash or have other links leading to comprofiler on other menus.

You should have only ONE link going to each component and never more then that IF code based itemid grabbing is used. In this case it's heavily used by CB and having more then 1 link will confuse it. Sometimes it'll grab the link with the proper itemid. Other times it won't. You can also fix this by assigning the modules to BOTH links so both itemids will display the modules.

If none of the above works then delete the menu link, empty menu trash, clear cache, and create the link again.

If you're using 3RDParty SEF then purge your re-writes and let it re-write with the new itemid. Also ensure your sef is NOT stripping the itemid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn