too many friends

15 years 4 months ago #81063 by ghog
Replied by ghog on topic Re:too many friends
ok thanks, can you just explain though does that mean only 100 connections will be visible in the users 'Manage Friends' area? If so then the connections function becomes lost in terms of accessing your connections list for messaging.

Is it possible to instead create some pagination for the backend?

I am actually a bit surprised that this issue has not been attended to in the past considering a community site depends a lot on connections, or am I missing something?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #81064 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:too many friends
ghog wrote:

ok thanks, can you just explain though does that mean only 100 connections will be visible in the users 'Manage Friends' area? If so then the connections function becomes lost in terms of accessing your connections list for messaging.

Is it possible to instead create some pagination for the backend?

I am actually a bit surprised that this issue has not been attended to in the past considering a community site depends a lot on connections, or am I missing something?

visible at one time for approval purposes...

i thought that approving 500 at a time would be ok... but we will reduce that to let's say 200.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 months ago #81066 by ghog
ok but when I select 'my connections' in any instance it defaults to the 'Manage Friends' area and this also loads the total connections and takes a while to load. My question is, does applying the fix krileon suggested reduce this list also or just the 'Manage Actions' page?

15 years 4 months ago #81081 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:too many friends
ghog wrote:

ok but when I select 'my connections' in any instance it defaults to the 'Manage Friends' area and this also loads the total connections and takes a while to load. My question is, does applying the fix krileon suggested reduce this list also or just the 'Manage Actions' page?

By default the query will stop at 500 connections. The fix given will force it to stop at 100.

I'll be working to add Ajax Pagination to both tabs soon.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #81082 by ghog
Thanks krileon, I look forward to the Ajax pagination

15 years 4 months ago #81083 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:too many friends
ghog wrote:

Thanks krileon, I look forward to the Ajax pagination

Hopefully we can get a fix sooner then that. Swamped with work right now. So I don't know when I'll get around to it unfortunately. Soon is the best I can say. :blink:

*Update*
Well so far I got standard pagination working fine right now. I don't plan to add pagination to the request tab as it's not the one causing your problems. It's actually the connection tab trying to show so many users at once.

This will require a few core hacks to CB for it to work. So keep that in mind when upgrading to future CB releases. I'll have instructions for everyone later when I'm done.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/12/02 16:41

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds