would like to find a way members can sell items

8 years 1 month ago #108757 by duketechx@gmail.com
Dear Cb Community,

I have been contracted to create a site for an owner, where the members can sell items themselves, I would have thought community builder, or any of the savvy plug in/extension developers out there may have created, which would integrate into their cb profile and information, so a member themself could sell through the site. Also I am sorry if this is posted on this instead of the plug in forum section,... wasn't sure which one I should post on. So I guess what I am asking is, and I have seen some of the topics for virtuemart integration, and have searched the internet for days looking for plug ins or answers. Really the bottom line is I am trying to avoid creating something to make this happen. Does anyone know if there is something, that in integrating with virtuemart, will allow the registered members to sell items. I know this is pretty complicated to pull off, and I am still yet not tangible on what I have found out there. I saw a plug in on the site, here, that hints at it, but I haven't seen enough information, to yet justify grabbing anything, because I expect it will for sure need to be something created that is commercial. Either way though, I need to find something like this. Does anyone know if something like this exists already, and I really do not mind paying for it, if something like this already exists. I have found very little on this matter over the last few days, and what the site owner wants to do is to hopefully charge a commission on each sale that goes through instead of a paid membership, or paid for publishing.

I know this is a complicated issue, so for any of you that responds all I can say is thanks for doing so.

Thank You
Sincerely,

D
8 years 1 month ago #108767 by nant
duketechx@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Cb Community,

I have been contracted to create a site for an owner, where the members can sell items themselves, I would have thought community builder, or any of the savvy plug in/extension developers out there may have created, which would integrate into their cb profile and information, so a member themself could sell through the site. Also I am sorry if this is posted on this instead of the plug in forum section,... wasn't sure which one I should post on. So I guess what I am asking is, and I have seen some of the topics for virtuemart integration, and have searched the internet for days looking for plug ins or answers. Really the bottom line is I am trying to avoid creating something to make this happen. Does anyone know if there is something, that in integrating with virtuemart, will allow the registered members to sell items. I know this is pretty complicated to pull off, and I am still yet not tangible on what I have found out there. I saw a plug in on the site, here, that hints at it, but I haven't seen enough information, to yet justify grabbing anything, because I expect it will for sure need to be something created that is commercial. Either way though, I need to find something like this. Does anyone know if something like this exists already, and I really do not mind paying for it, if something like this already exists. I have found very little on this matter over the last few days, and what the site owner wants to do is to hopefully charge a commission on each sale that goes through instead of a paid membership, or paid for publishing.

I know this is a complicated issue, so for any of you that responds all I can say is thanks for doing so.

Thank You
Sincerely,

D

I have not seen any eBay solution (because this is what you are asking for) around and I imagine if there was something it would be pretty expensive. If you find something then by all means post back solution.
8 years 1 month ago #108903 by duketechx@gmail.com
For Nick and Team,

Thank you for responding back, I appreciate a response from a cb developer, Nick, thanks.

Well no, I was not , or the site owner does not want anything to do with e-bay, just wants members to be able to sell, or have multiple vendors.

Here is what I Have found out... that there are classified ads extensions that can do something... some even integrate to cb some I dont think any of them have the capacity to be as clean as the integration could be , as integrated as to community builder. However I have found a paid component , called jmarket that has some integration to cb, but it is a couple hundred american dollars, and so I may need to talk the site owner into a paid prebuilt solution, but it does alot for multiple vendors which is what I really need.

Anyone have any ideas here on a paid or non paid item that can sell utilizing multiple members registered as vendors, that can set up a shop within the site. i could have been clearer, but it is the multiple vendors issue I need, that will allow the registered members to be able to sell. This is what the site owner wants.

If any of you has any ideas please let me know, I am wanting to wrap this part of the site up and soon, it has been a hold up for a few too many days.

Thank You,

Sincerely,
Duke
8 years 1 month ago #108914 by nant
duketechx@gmail.com wrote:

Well no, I was not , or the site owner does not want anything to do with e-bay, just wants members to be able to sell, or have multiple vendors.

Well, the business model you mentioned is the ebay model. Hope you find something.
6 years 8 months ago #151274 by kenlyle
Since this topic is over a year old now, I am wondering whether there's been any change in status? Any CB Subs way to create a multi-vendor store? To me, that means only restricting editing of others' items.

Thanks,
K
4 years 4 months ago #226380 by greggo25
Hey all,

Anyone found a solution for this in the current day? Profitable business idea waiting to happen for the team that can create the plug in...

Cheers

Gregg
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
Facebook Twitter Google LinkedIn