What is a CB expert files?

13 years 3 months ago #151137 by ABCroNews
What is a CB expert files? was created by ABCroNews
What i need this files?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151142 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: What is a CB expert files?
The readme and upgrade text files in the distribution package explain when these files are needed.

12 years 2 days ago #198470 by duncan12
Replied by duncan12 on topic Re: What is a CB expert files?
Really. That's the answer? RTFM? I read the install guide and it didn't tell me what the files were for, only that they needed to be downloaded separately from the free area. By the way, they ARENT located in the free area. I have no idea where they are or what they are for and I haven't installed them.

I don't know what kind of headache this will cause me down the road, because nobody will say what they are for or where they are.

RTFM? :angry:

12 years 2 days ago #198483 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: What is a CB expert files?

duncan12 wrote: Really. That's the answer? RTFM? I read the install guide and it didn't tell me what the files were for, only that they needed to be downloaded separately from the free area. By the way, they ARENT located in the free area. I have no idea where they are or what they are for and I haven't installed them.

I don't know what kind of headache this will cause me down the road, because nobody will say what they are for or where they are.

RTFM? :angry:

Please do not bump a 1 year old post and complain about the answer given.

The expert files are needed only if you are upgrading from a very old CB version of if you are still on Joomla 1.0 or Mambo.

This is explained in the upgrade readme text file included in the CB 1.8 package.

As of CB 1.8 we are no longer packaging the expert files in the CB 1.8 package as this nearly doubles the size and is maybe needed for 1% of the population.

Hope this clears things up - if you still have issues please start a new thread and politely describe it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds