Error

Please login first

CB Paid Subscriptions Plugin in operation on Joomlapolis

16 years 4 months ago #53608 by rpitera
nant wrote:

@lenamtl and @rpitera:

of course this is your choice.

currently the plugin is being tested on half a dozen different hosts without any ioncube related problems.

i also prefer unencoded stuff, but as it was in your case this time it is the developer's choice ;)

Thanks for respecting my views, Nick. In turn, I'd like to update my original statements if for no other reason than to honor that respect and to correct my original statement.

I have had much troubles trying manually to get IonCube to work on a shared host in the past, but I decided to go back and give it another shot with the assistance of my hosting provider (which contrary to what was posted, offers assistance with many third party products - if you know how to ask - which is why I chose them).

They pointed me to a WINDOWS INSTALLER version that handles the config, and ftp upload all from a windows app. You need only know the FTP details and what version of the OS your host is using (1and1.com's case it's x86 Linux). With this, I was able to get a successful test of the loader, (finally!) after many unsuccessful manual attempts.

I feel that if I didn't give it another attempt, and also to post my success here, I wasn't being fair to you, beat *OR* CB. (And I'd be open to beta testing this if you guys are still interested, BTW.)

And if anyone else would like advice on getting IC to work, pls feel free to PM me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #53620 by Gieller
I'm not an old user of the CB component, but if you want a french translation of your CB Paid Subscriptions Plugin maybe i can help you. ;)

And of course i'm very interesting by this kind of development and i'm ready to test it on my website (still in progress)...

16 years 4 months ago #53804 by wmbell
rpitera wrote:

...I've always had problems with IonCube which is why I've always stayed far away from anything that was encoded with it...

I agree. I've had nothing but headaches with IonCube. :( I hope the CB Release Team decides to reconsider!

Either way, the screenshots I've seen look nice, and I'd still like to try it.

Since I'm a Documentation Subscriber, will I be able to download this plugin upon release?

WMBELL

Post edited by: wmbell, at: 2008/01/07 19:19

16 years 3 weeks ago #61740 by qvrb
Hi, be very willing to participate in the beta test.

15 years 10 months ago #67945 by chessman
I would like also to be part of the coming beta when it will be done.

So that i will reconsider using AEC to have a full joomlapolitan solution ^^.

I also can help into the translation of the plug.

NOTA : never tried to use ioncube loader but will be interesting experience for me as i have my own server since this year.

Thanks a lot.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn