CB goes Captcha!

17 years 2 weeks ago #34608 by mlw2001
Replied by mlw2001 on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
I have captcha installed and it works great except for the issue previously stated of the email invalid code when you have that turned off. The only difference is I do not have Joomlahacks installed. So I have not seen a work around for this yet. If somebody else has had the same problem and got it fixed or comes up with one I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 weeks ago #34616 by GwaiTsi
Replied by GwaiTsi on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Is there anyway to re-use this code for the standard contacts form?

I want to avoid using security images because i tried it and it introduced many other issues and also, i only need it for the contacts forms, so it would be a lot of overkill.

thanks for the thought

17 years 1 week ago #35094 by erjati
Replied by erjati on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
beat wrote:

To SUMMARIZE problems and solutions:

- if you don't see the captcha image appearing:

1. Check that the FreeType library is installed for GD2
  2. Check that you don't have a php file which should be silent, e.g. cb language file, outputing characters. Typically empty lines or invisible chars (characters invisible in Wordpad and other editors) before the "<?php" at the begining or after the "?>" at the end of the file.
We are not aware of other problems regarding image not appearing.

- if you see the captcha, but a correct number is not recognized, it's a php session problem:
  1. Check if php sessions are enabled and if autostart is set to off.
  2. Check if the tmp directory is writable.
  3. Check if your site template (try the default one) or another extension doesn't reinitialize the php sessions.
  4. PM access to Nick to investigate if problem subsists.
There is still one site not working with correct replies of code, but doesn't accept the reply, that we need to find out why.

How would I find out what files might be adding invisible characters? I have followed all the suggestions to this point in the thread, and on my installation I get captcha working on Lost Password but not the Contact forms. The code for the page doesn't show any code for anything captcha, and I get no error messages, and the captcha works where it shows up.

I have installed the following:

Components = AEC subscription, CB latest stable, Cb advanced search, jackl plus, jce, joomlaboard, joomlaxplorer, marketplace.

modules= cblogin, comprofiler moderator, comprofiler online, jcalpro latest events, jcalprominical, marketplace five, marketplace toc, paypal 2.6

bots= jec editor mambot, jcalpro search.

Any known issues with these? I may just turn them off one at a time. Should only be those that show up on the contact form page, right?

Post edited by: erjati, at: 2007/04/04 23:51

17 years 1 week ago #35095 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!

How would I find out what files might be adding invisible characters? I have followed all the suggestions to this point in the thread, and on my installation I get captcha working on Lost Password but not the Contact forms.

the captcha plugin is for CB

it does not work on joomla contact form or other components.

17 years 1 week ago #35147 by GwaiTsi
Replied by GwaiTsi on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Hi Nick

As the contact form is the only one not protected, i wanted to introduce a function to test if CB is installed, and if so, make use of the captcha form if the captcha plugin is installed.

i don't really want to use security images because it changes too many core files and is overkill for just the contacts form.

It there any way to pass parameters to fool it into thinking it is the email form calling for example?

thanks

17 years 1 week ago #35149 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
GwaiTsi wrote:

Hi Nick

As the contact form is the only one not protected, i wanted to introduce a function to test if CB is installed, and if so, make use of the captcha form if the captcha plugin is installed.

i don't really want to use security images because it changes too many core files and is overkill for just the contacts form.

It there any way to pass parameters to fool it into thinking it is the email form calling for example?

thanks

nope.

you would need to basically hack the joomla/mambo contacts component/form to introduce a captcha image the same way the cb plugin does.

no quick wins here - sorry.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.505 seconds