CB goes Captcha!

16 years 11 months ago #35623 by mpausch
Replied by mpausch on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
I had the same problem. Fixed it by
1.unzipping the captcha plugin package to a temp folder locally.
2.taking the language file from the original package I just unzipped and replacing the one on the server ( / com_comprofiler / plugin / language / default_language /default_language.php )
3. fixed!

Hope this helps someone else! And thanks to the team for another excellent product! I gotta send over those Euros and get that CB admin guide!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #35636 by venusrising
Replied by venusrising on topic STILL NO IMAGE
Justb replaced language file and still no image any ideas? BTW what is GD I keep hearing about? Sorry this is a new foray into CB for me.

Thanks

Shannon

16 years 11 months ago #35649 by venusrising
Replied by venusrising on topic Re:CB goes Captcha! NO IMAGE STILL
Hello I read all the posts and looked in the CB manual and tried google but I am still at a loss for how to fix the "no image issue" I don't want to modify the code as I assume the code is written as it should be and I don't want to mess with anything

Justb replaced language file and still no image any ideas? BTW what is GD I keep hearing about? Sorry this is a new foray into CB for me.

Thanks for any and all insight

Shannon

16 years 11 months ago #35656 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB goes Captcha! NO IMAGE STILL
venusrising wrote:

Hello I read all the posts and looked in the CB manual and tried google but I am still at a loss for how to fix the "no image issue" I don't want to modify the code as I assume the code is written as it should be and I don't want to mess with anything

Thanks for any and all insight

Shannon

In order fo the captcha cb plugin to work you must have GD library support on your php server and also true type fonts.

ask your provider if these are supported.

16 years 11 months ago #35657 by spacewalk
Replied by spacewalk on topic Re:CB goes Captcha! NO IMAGE STILL
GD (or GD2) is image manipulation code that can be compiled into PHP. Nick has said here that CB captcha calls for it. In the Joomla admin back end, go to System > System Info. Click the tab labeled "PHP" and scroll down (or use the browser's Find command) to look for "GD". If your host has compiled PHP to include GD, you will see a section that looks like the text below. You probably have it (in which case I have no idea why you're not getting the captcha images). But if you don't have GD, you need to ask your host to recompile PHP with GD.

gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

Post edited by: spacewalk, at: 2007/04/15 00:19

16 years 11 months ago #35662 by venusrising
Replied by venusrising on topic Re:CB goes Captcha! CHECKED GD
OKAY I checked my backend system for GD and it shows
gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

I do not see anything about true type fonts so I will aks my host on monday. Does this info show anything that you all notice that is out of line?
Thanks Again for the lessons.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds