CB goes Captcha!

17 years 2 days ago #35758 by gigi
Replied by gigi on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
in the CB Registration tab, the Captcha field is marked with the icon 'this field IS visible on your profile'. is there any way to change it to 'the field is NOT visible on the profile'? i just don't want to puzzle my users.

EDIT: fixed it.

code line #82 should be:

$return .= getFieldIcons($ui, true, false, _UE_CAPTCHA_Desc, _UE_CAPTCHA_Label . ":");

thanks anyway!
gigi

Post edited by: gigi, at: 2007/04/18 20:59

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 day ago #35773 by rockbust
Replied by rockbust on topic Re:CB goes Captcha! CHECKED GD
I tried the above suggestions by Georgios and still no good.
I have been working on this for days now.
I have Private messaged people and they will not help.
Can someone help?
Is there a "test script" to check if freetype is indeed installed?

Thank you
Robert

17 years 1 day ago #35779 by erjati
Replied by erjati on topic Re:CB goes Captcha! CHECKED GD
I called godaddy customer service and was fortunate enough to get a php application programmer who knows mysql and he gave me the following code to place in a file named info.php, which needs to be located in the root of the site. When you go to www.yoursite.com/info.php it will tell you everything about your php installaton.

Create a file in notepad or your html editor containing all of and only this code (which I copied out of the one I created in Dreamweaver):

<?php echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"iso-8859-1\"?".">"; ?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
</head>

<body>
<? phpinfo(); ?>
</body>
</html>

Some of this code is not necessary - the tech told me to create a page with <? phpinfo(); ?> in the body, but I let DW do what it wanted. Save it under the name info.php and upload it to your root folder. Open it and be amazed.

17 years 1 day ago #35782 by spacewalk
Replied by spacewalk on topic Re:CB goes Captcha! CHECKED GD
This is unnecessary. In the Joomla back end, choose System > System Info, and then the PHP Info tab. This calls exactly the same PHP function -- phpinfo(). You'll see the same report right there.

17 years 13 hours ago #35889 by ivytony
Replied by ivytony on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
after installing freetype on my server, the security captcha image finally shows up!

you don't need to change the language file as a guy talked about, I don't think that is necessary at all.

Thanks!!!!

17 years 59 minutes ago #35935 by GwaiTsi
Replied by GwaiTsi on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
I managed to hack the contacts component to use the cb captcha email form if installed.

It simply makes a call to com_comprofiler&task=emailUser&uid=$contact->user_id

The only problem i am having is you need to be logged in to send an email to a contact. Is there any parameter i can pass to enable guest sending? thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds