CB goes Captcha!

16 years 8 months ago #41524 by dinah
Replied by dinah on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
I had captcha working just fine on Joomla 1.0.12, CB 1.0.2, but then I upgraded from PHP4 to PHP 5.1.6 and now I dont see the image any more. I've turned the plug-in off for registration, since it was preventing successful registration.

I have checked the language and template, but these have not changed since captcha was working with PHP4, so I'd be surprised if they are causing the problem now.

I have PHP settings:
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
FreeType Version 2.1.9

The image source URL is
climatemovement.org.au/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=tabclass&Itemid=1&tab=getcaptchatab&no_html=1
but when I paste this in to a browser it says:
"Please login or Register to view or modify your profile." If I log in and visit the img src URL again, it show my profile???

Anyone got any other clues about why the image has disappeared?

Thanks very much
DInah

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #41784 by annyjom
Replied by annyjom on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Nice and easy temporary solution for images. It use only numbers but still works charming. Thanks to Dominik Paulus for this code.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/func,view/catid,13/id,38019/

;)

16 years 7 months ago #41861 by dinah
Replied by dinah on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Yes, it does work like a charm. I can now see the security code and enter it, but then I get 'Invalid security code' message.
Thanks anyway.

16 years 7 months ago #41869 by dhphllps
Replied by dhphllps on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
I'm having a problem I haven't seen solved here before :(

When I first installed the captcha plugin it worked fine, but when I installed the Account Expiration Component (AEC) it started giving "invalid security code" errors on both login and new password functions. I do NOT have SMF installed, and some other, but not all, AEC users are getting it to work. Since my AEC setup is functioning perfectly and no one on that end can see any reason captcha shouldn't also, I'm wondering if I've missed anything in the forum about this issue, since I can't find solutions other than "uninstall SMF."

Are there any other known conflicts?

16 years 7 months ago #42673 by zettaweb
Replied by zettaweb on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
I have the problem with the image not showing up as well but ONLY when I have the PHP APC (Alternative PHP Cache) enabled. But I either have APC enabled or use the CB captcha plugin. I can't go without APC so until CB get's their stuff together and put something truely useful out, I will have to ditch CB altogether and write my own compoenents. Tired of having to update every other week.

16 years 7 months ago #42675 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
zettaweb wrote:

I have the problem with the image not showing up as well but ONLY when I have the PHP APC (Alternative PHP Cache) enabled. But I either have APC enabled or use the CB captcha plugin. I can't go without APC so until CB get's their stuff together and put something truely useful out, I will have to ditch CB altogether and write my own compoenents. Tired of having to update every other week.

interesting first post ... doesnt really promote collaboration ...

unfortunately i cannot replicate the millions of environments to single handedly test for the community ...

i did release for free version 1 of the captcha plugin.

there are problems with it.

i have developed a second version and have been asking for assistance to debug - very few takers...

this is the first i hear of a problem with APC.

i hope once you have developed your own you can also release to the rest of the community...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds