CB goes Captcha!

17 years 2 months ago #31174 by houbahop
Replied by houbahop on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Hello,

I have the same problem than the other users about the picture not showing.

GD (2.0.28)

I have that link instead of the image :

index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=tabclass&Itemid=1&tab=getcaptchatab&no_html=1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #31175 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Well, if you have problems with displaying image, can you please post or pm me your server version and config as displayed in system->system info ?

Also it would be useful to have file write access to such a server with problems to test and debug. We need to be able to reproduce to debug, but can't. So if we can debug on a site with problem, would be helping a lot. Site can remain online, we just need to be able to edit a php file from the plugin to understand the problem. Don't post but simply PM me access info.

Thanks.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 2 months ago #31206 by zdiva
Replied by zdiva on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Hi all,

I had a problem with diplaying the image until I realized that my site was taken off line! As soon as I put it back online - voila! the image appeared and everything is working beatufuly! Great plugin! It would be even greater if it worked with the 'Contact Us' form! Thanks guys.

17 years 2 months ago #31210 by beat
From what we see, it looks that some servers don't have the GD2 library configured with the needed FreeType library, which is normally installed with GD2.

Our first version of CB captcha plugin uses GD2 with php function imagettftext().

See last note here:
www.php.net/manual/en/function.imagettfbbox.php

This is a library of GD2, which some hosters seem to not implement.

Please ask your hoster for this, and report back here if enabling that lib solved your problem.

We have looked at another image-generation implementation, but it also uses this library.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 2 months ago #31211 by kharder
Replied by kharder on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
I installed the plugin on my local test server and it worked perfectly. When I installed it on my live test website, all appeared fine until I submitted a test registration. I received an "Invalid Security Code" message. I tried this several times on two live sites with the same results. I have no display problems. Suggestions?

site = www.mphscaa.org
host - siteground
php - 5.0.5 (also tried w/ 5.1.6)
joomla - 1.0.12
CB - 1.0.2

17 years 2 months ago #31215 by beat
kharder wrote:

I installed the plugin on my local test server and it worked perfectly. When I installed it on my live test website, all appeared fine until I submitted a test registration. I received an "Invalid Security Code" message. I tried this several times on two live sites with the same results. I have no display problems. Suggestions?

site = www.mphscaa.org
host - siteground
php - 5.0.5 (also tried w/ 5.1.6)
joomla - 1.0.12
CB - 1.0.2

I suppose you didn't misstype the characters... :laugh:

Do you have php sessions enabled and configured correctly ?

Check System->System info. Everything should be green.

Also check the "php" tab in that screen: you should find:

Session Support enabled

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds