CB goes Captcha!

16 years 2 months ago #57095 by j75
Replied by j75 on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
I've got it solved!

I just realized yesterday I've installed the new

Joomla PHP Speedy Plugin

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,4146/Itemid,35/

Now I've uninstalled it and the captcha works again! ;)

Post edited by: j75, at: 2008/02/20 00:38

mjjcommunity.com - the biggest social network of michael jackson's fans build with Joomla 1.0.x and CB 1.1.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #58079 by F0l2saken
Replied by F0l2saken on topic DO NOT use php 4.4.3 use 5.2.5
I don't know much about php or anything, I've just gotten into websites, but I've figured out how to fix the problem most people are having.

My problem was with that free type font thing that doesn't come enabled with any version of php 4.4.x EVEN when you enable and compile GD library into it. I fixed my problem by going to my VPS control panel and making the change to php 5.2.5. I guesss most builds of php with GD do not have this method you are using, which I would recommend you change in the future.

Infact your free type font will not be supported in php 6.x.x, so you mise as well as stop using it now to avoid problems in the future.

16 years 1 month ago #58102 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:DO NOT use php 4.4.3 use 5.2.5
F0l2saken wrote:

Infact your free type font will not be supported in php 6.x.x, so you mise as well as stop using it now to avoid problems in the future.

What do you suggest instead?

16 years 1 month ago #58335 by alpe77
Replied by alpe77 on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Hi have make the hack for the contact form,
(see www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,7/id,35409/
but i have the same error "Invalid Security Code" but the secury code is correct.
Initially works fine on joomla 1.0.12, now i have joomla 1.0.13b and i have this problem, that the securety code is invalid.
There's a solution?
I Have CB1.1, on the registration works fine.
Now i want update on joomla 1.0.15 is compatible with Cb1.1 and the Hack captha on contat form?
Please Help me!

16 years 1 month ago #58453 by F0l2saken
Replied by F0l2saken on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
I don't think the php is causing that problem. From reading the forums there was something about a smf or sef or something causing problems with that.

It sounds like you're inquiring about the hack to the standard contact form. Does it work for registration, or for the other cb native features that it's supposed to work with?

15 years 11 months ago #62152 by msdwebmaster
Replied by msdwebmaster on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
I am having the same problem as all the other folks on this thread...

My web site URL is sandbox.theweboasis.com/freedom/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

No CAPTCHA image...
  • I do have GD2 w/ Freetype installed on the server
  • I do NOT have JSMF installed
  • I do NOT have extra spaces or line breaks in my language files
  • It's NOT my template, because switching to the default template does not fix it
  • I do have Joom!fish installed, but the problem existed before loading that add-on

Help!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds