CB goes Captcha!

15 years 9 months ago #69395 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
@stavroch: CB captcha 2.0 has a backend viewing and other methods than captcha 1.x.

@joomlacssgude: Please check the results of the checks in captcha 2 in backend.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76704 by eckhard
Replied by eckhard on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

so if I did read right, there should be a PDF enabled too??
But my provider does not have it.
So I can't use the captcha??
reCatpcha is working fine on the server, but the problem with CB is that EVEN IF THE CB captcha is not enabled or even uninstalled, the email, password reminder and registration does not work The secret word field is till there and the site giving reply.... invalid security code.
I am running Jo 1.5.7 - 1.2 RC3
did the upgrade from RC2 to get rid of the problem, but... no way.
In fact my CB is paralyzing the system of the site :-(
o bey the way it is captcha 2.2RC2

15 years 6 months ago #76706 by iosoft.in
Replied by iosoft.in on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
^ I am the developer of reCAPTCHA.

I am working on the BUG. pls give few more time :)

BTW, you need to register at recaptcha.net . have you done that ?

Also, this plug-in is not tested with CB RC versions.
I don't have RC version in my hand....

Post edited by: iosoft.in, at: 2008/10/08 09:40

15 years 6 months ago #77057 by ewel
Replied by ewel on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
I am a very grateful user of CB and the captcha plugin, so much so that I am trying to use this captcha also in Fireboard.
But I have one issue and one question.

1. I have a small problem with the display of the captcha image in Firefox. Both in FF3 and before I upgraded in FF2 often only the top half of the image is shown.
Usually a page refresh will help to show all of the image (but this is inconvenient when a user has just filled in a form). In IE7 I don't have this problem.
I was wondering if this is a known issue and if someone happens to know how to solve it.

2. Out of interest: on the registration page or the login page I have a CB login module showing the captcha, and of course the registration or login page also contains the captcha. The code in the two captcha images is the same. Is that how it is supposed to be? I expected the code to be different and each form to have a captcha code tied to it.

15 years 6 months ago #77145 by eckhard
Replied by eckhard on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Hello
recaptcha is ok, but I had the cbcatpcha in before, did an upgrade RC3 and than has not able to get the secret word "OUT". it is asking for it.
I have now reinstalled RC3, will test it.
Thanks
let me know your update also please.

15 years 6 months ago #77713 by ewel
Replied by ewel on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
I am just wondering about versions and compatibility. If I understand it well then it is as follows:

- CB Captcha Plugin v.2.2 works only with CB 1.2 or later.
- CB Captcha Plugin v.2.0 works with CB 1.1 or later.
- CB Captcha Plugin v.1.0 works with CB 1.1 or later.

- CB 1.2 works with Joomla 1.5.x natively and with Joomla 1.0.x as well as with Mambo.
- CB 1.1 works with Joomla 1.5.x using the legacy plugin and with Joomla 1.0.x as well as with Mambo.

So, effectively:
- CB Captcha Plugin v.1.0 works with Joomla 1.5.x using the legacy plugin and with Joomla 1.0.x as well as with Mambo.
- CB Captcha Plugin v.2.0 works with Joomla 1.5.x using the legacy plugin and with Joomla 1.0.x as well as with Mambo.
- CB Captcha Plugin v.2.2 works with Joomla 1.5.x natively and with Joomla 1.0.x as well as with Mambo.

Is that correct?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.736 seconds