CB goes Captcha!

17 years 1 month ago #31320 by ShoestringWebs
Replied by ShoestringWebs on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Okay, ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to report that the plugin is now working for me.

At Beat's suggestion, I checked my CB language files. There were a couple of blank lines AFTER the ?> (end of file) in the default_language.php file and a blank line after the same in the english.php file, resulting from previous opens of those files in an editor.

I removed the blank lines and everything works fine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #31394 by safa
Replied by safa on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Hi,

This is a great addition. I only wish it worked on my site. It displays but it gives that repeated invalid code error regardless of what I do.

I have looked at all the potential problems mentioned - sessions enabled, save_path writeable, same thing happens with default templates, etc I sent my access info to Nant.

Please advise.

Safa

17 years 1 month ago #31401 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Small update:

for those that have 'invalid code' problems ...

it looks like the JSMF component bridge from Joomlahacks is causing the session variable that contains the captcha code to be lost.

don't know how to fix this yet but please confirm that those of you that have such a problem have this component installed ... at least the 2 cases I have seen have this conflict.

17 years 1 month ago #31412 by Kirck
Replied by Kirck on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Kirck wrote:

Hello, I can see the image code but i tested it and i see this alert "Invalid Security Code".

I use the jsmf login module (joomlahacks).

17 years 1 month ago #31422 by mikelly
Replied by mikelly on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
For those like myself who run your own servers and use WHM the problem is that whenever I recompile Apache both the GD and Freetype libraries come unchecked, I'm used to looking for the GD library because it is used by a lot of diferent security check programs, but not the Freetype.

It did have me confused since I checked my RPM's and it was installed, but I just had to recompile with it checked and it works :whistle: great.

17 years 1 month ago #31438 by Clipsco
Replied by Clipsco on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!

Hello, I can see the image code but i tested it and i see this alert "Invalid Security Code".

I use the jsmf login module (joomlahacks).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds