CB goes Captcha!

17 years 1 month ago #32030 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
2adventure wrote:

Nice comments are the smallest thing we can do for you after so invaluable job you do for the community. Extra help, sure, let me know how we can help you.

Concerning catcha image to appear.... where do I know if I have freetype library enabled?:(

I have been trying to install the gd-2.0.34 from Joomla installers as component, module or mambo but non of them work…. I also tried as part of CB plugins but do not work.

Will I have to stall it from my server ftp? (do not think so)

ask your host provider

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #32068 by MuffinDCC
Replied by MuffinDCC on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
The image does not load on my main site. However, i have a sub directory site that i run in which CB captcha does work :huh:

17 years 1 month ago #32118 by parth
Replied by parth on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Hello there everyone,

Having a problem similar to Ali's here

opensourcepoint.com/cioforum/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=tabclass&Itemid=1&tab=getcaptchatab&no_html=1

This is the URL generated by security image but it does not show up.

Solutions already tried are language file suggestions,. But haven been able to get it to work as yet.
Problems seems very similar to what some ppl had here & found a solln with the language files but not happening in my case.

One more thing u need to know about this is that we are posting Data to CB form from another form. But i dont think it might be related as we tried Captch before doing the custom forum which posts to the CB form.

You can access it here
opensourcepoint.com/cioforum/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,registers/

No validation except for Fname , last name fileds so u can skip rest of the fields.

My partner will soon be posting a tutorial of how to achieve the things done in this form here. We cudnt get conditions plugin to work so went for this.

But for now i need to find a soln for Captcha!

Thanks in advance

Php-Nuke to Mambo to Joomla...
My Evolution goes on!
Need Joomla Development?
Drop us mail! www.tekdi.net - sales@tekdi.net
Our CB extensions :
CB Adsense , CB User RSS, CB-Eventlist My Events & CB-Eventlist Attended Events, CB Network Suggest
Joomla Extensions, Training & Support
techjoomla.com/
Check Out our Joomla extensions at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/tekdi/1
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/techjoomla/1

17 years 1 month ago #32125 by nant
parth wrote:

Hello there everyone,

Having a problem similar to Ali's here

opensourcepoint.com/cioforum/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=tabclass&Itemid=1&tab=getcaptchatab&no_html=1

This is the URL generated by security image but it does not show up.

Solutions already tried are language file suggestions,. But haven been able to get it to work as yet.
Problems seems very similar to what some ppl had here & found a solln with the language files but not happening in my case.

One more thing u need to know about this is that we are posting Data to CB form from another form. But i dont think it might be related as we tried Captch before doing the custom forum which posts to the CB form.

You can access it here
opensourcepoint.com/cioforum/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,registers/

No validation except for Fname , last name fileds so u can skip rest of the fields.

My partner will soon be posting a tutorial of how to achieve the things done in this form here. We cudnt get conditions plugin to work so went for this.

But for now i need to find a soln for Captcha!

Thanks in advance

image not showing up has one of 3 causes:

1. no freetype library installed (check with your host provider)

2. Bad chars in language file (UTF-8 BOM chars)

3. Bad (extra) chars in site template file (you can verify this by testing out the joomla template on your site).

17 years 1 month ago #32128 by parth
Replied by parth on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!

3. Bad (extra) chars in site template file (you can verify this by testing out the joomla template on your site).

Thanks Nant for your Quick reply.

Can you clarify in simplified language points 2 & 3 ? Maybe with some examples

Php-Nuke to Mambo to Joomla...
My Evolution goes on!
Need Joomla Development?
Drop us mail! www.tekdi.net - sales@tekdi.net
Our CB extensions :
CB Adsense , CB User RSS, CB-Eventlist My Events & CB-Eventlist Attended Events, CB Network Suggest
Joomla Extensions, Training & Support
techjoomla.com/
Check Out our Joomla extensions at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/tekdi/1
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/techjoomla/1

17 years 1 month ago #32129 by nant
parth wrote:

Thanks Nant for your Quick reply.

Can you clarify in simplified language points 2 & 3 ? Maybe with some examples

first of all - have you verified that you have freetype support?

if yes, then please let us know what language file-plugin you are using.

if you are using a language plugin then perhaps you have a UTF-8 encoded language file in which case perhaps your file has BOM chars in the begining - google BOM to see what this is.

if the language file is ok or if you are using the default english file then perhaps your template is introducing some html code that interferes with captcha image generation. To verify this - if you are using your own template - you can activate the joomla preinstalled template.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds