CB goes Captcha!

17 years 1 month ago #32383 by vetinari
Replied by vetinari on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
This may seem silly, but there is a method to my madness.

The what:
Is it possible to modify this plugin so that it creates the same 6 character word each time, and that this image is hidden so that unless you know what the letters are, you'll never get it right (without a brute force attack)?

The why: The joomla site I maintain is a resource & recruing site for a particular division of an online gaming community. Our forum is on the site for the community. The resource site is a separate but connected project. Right now, each new registration on the resource site has to be verified as a member of the community and then approved by a handful of moderators. If I could just post in a sticky thread a "secret word" that could be entered where the security code goes now, that would be perfect. The forum is only viewable by approved members of the community, which is maintained by a MUCH larger crew.

I'm figuring that the cb.captcha.php code could probably be modified for this purpose, but Im not absolutely sure what would need to be changed.

Im almost sure that this section does the code check:

if ( ! (($_SESSION == $this->_getReqParam("captcha")) && (!empty($_SESSION)) ) ) {
$_PLUGINS->raiseError(0);
$_PLUGINS->_setErrorMSG( _UE_CAPTCHA_NOT_VALID );
}
return true;

But I have no idea where the image is actually loaded and could be disabled.

Any help with this particular hack of your wonderful plugin would be most appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #32471 by slako
Replied by slako on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
My story FYU:

- captcha was working fine on my clean CB install.

- later I've playing with some 3Dp CB plugins and trying to reinstall comprofile from the admin section and captha picture was going down. I'm try to reinstall (uninstall/install) to captcha plugin but problem remains.

- now CB was uninstalled completely (IT WAS IMPORTANT for me) - all CB plugins, modules, components have been uninstaled then all CB related folders have been removed via joomlaxplorer (CB subfolders in administration folder have been also removed). All jum_comprofiler* tables have been removed via phpmyadmin.

- CB and captcha installed back and working fine again.

Thanks to CB Team for great work!

17 years 1 month ago #32480 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Creator wrote:

Hi all, I was having this problem also and I also have JSMF (Joomlahacks) installed. I have also found a solution.B) Go to SMF Admin ==> Server Settings ==> Feature Configuration and disable: Use database driven sessions. This one drove me crazy. I spent the better half of two day's to find the problem but now it works. Thanks guy's for a great plugin. Hope this helps some of you.:woohoo:

I cannot understand why noone karma'ed you for this :ohmy: well i did and i will do so everytime i see your nick! :woohoo:

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

17 years 1 month ago #32657 by seacoast
Replied by seacoast on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
Creator wrote:

Hi all, I was having this problem also and I also have JSMF (Joomlahacks) installed. I have also found a solution.B) Go to SMF Admin ==> Server Settings ==> Feature Configuration and disable: Use database driven sessions. This one drove me crazy. I spent the better half of two day's to find the problem but now it works. Thanks guy's for a great plugin. Hope this helps some of you.:woohoo:

Post edited by: Creator, at: 2007/02/18 22:32

Post edited by: Creator, at: 2007/02/18 22:41

When I try to make this SMF change, I get an error message: "Unable to load the 'main' template."

Has anyone else experienced this and worked around it?

Thanks

17 years 1 month ago #32660 by getimo
Replied by getimo on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
I still don't get it too :(
I checked every post in this topic.

getimo

17 years 1 month ago #33008 by bugnotme
Replied by bugnotme on topic Re:CB goes Captcha!
i cant make it work too...no image is shwon. i tried everything bu tto no avail...my language php file is ok while my server has installed all the libraries you guys required...so where is the solution??? by the way...if i look at the html source of my web site i see the link of the captcha...but when i try to open it it says that i need to login if i want to modify something...

Post edited by: bugnotme, at: 2007/03/09 21:15

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds