CB Position Statement

17 years 2 months ago #32536 by pintobuck
CB Position Statement was created by pintobuck
This thread discusses the Content article: CB Position Statement

Noob looks at the extensions and plugins offered in Joomlapolis and wonders how compatible CB is with Joomla? Is CB edging towards a fork?

More practically, can I use almost any Joomla extension with CB, or do I mostly have to use CB extensions and plugins, which are not so numerous?

The CB Position Statement added to my quandry.
www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/13/37/

"PS#3 - Integration & Collaboration"
Excerpt: "Due to the nature of the CB suite, there are many feature requests to integrate with other open source efforts."

"PS#4 - Reinventing"
Excerpt: "We do not believe in reinventing functionality and applications that are developed and maintained elsewhere. Our first choice is to contact, discuss and propose alternative solutions with the original author(s) of such functionality in order to reach some agreement and integration strategy."

Blank slate seeking enlightenment before I jump in too deep.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #32548 by scubaguy
Replied by scubaguy on topic Re:CB Position Statement
CB is an extension of the Joomla user profile and is therefore dependent on Joomla to run. I doubt there is fork from Joomla in the future for CB. The only Joomla plugins or third-party integrations that might have conflicts with CB are those that alter the Joomla users table in some way or require their own login module.

CB 3rd Party Developer
Web Geek Cafe - development and training www.webgeekcafe.org
YourTribe.com - group social events - www.yourtribe.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds