Captcha problems OTHER than the 25 pages mention

17 years 2 weeks ago #36220 by huggy59
I grabbed the captcha plugin and installed it on my Joomla 1.0.11/CB 1.0.2 site (not running SMF) and it seemed to work fine! Great work, guys! This is just what I need to curb some of those spammers that have recently found my little site. Then the trouble began.

Now, just to be clear, I'm NOT having any problem seeing the images or matching the generated code. What seems to be happening is, after a day or so (and this site doesn't get much traffic), the captcha system just stops working.

New users complain they can't register. Existing users complain they can't get their password reset. I check the site and sure enough, I'm getting errors trying to use the functions that the captcha plugin is now "protecting".

The fix? I simply unpublish the catpcha, then publish it again, and it works for a while. Then it dies again. I thought maybe something that runs overnights is causing an issue. Can't find it.

I have checked all the issues raised in the long 25 page thread, just in case! But nothing seems to be similar in my case. I'm waiting for it to die again so I can take some more notes and collect any error messages or other issues I can uncover.

I'm open to suggestions as to where to start looking to find this one. The site is complex and uses a lot of plugins both inside and outside the CB stuff, so it could be almost anything.

Thanks in advance.

- huggy59

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn