On the way to number 2?

18 years 5 months ago #486 by patrickk
Replied by patrickk on topic Re:On the way to number 2?
what's a few more days? Read this Release schedule

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 5 months ago #502 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:On the way to number 2?
Not sure what all the moaning is about. If your whole world revolves around CB and you couldn't wait then any of you could have done what a lot of others did and donate. It really only makes sense. I have never seen so much anticipation for an item and then all the complaints, if it means that much that tells me it is a valuable product, as such you should pitch in and give a little. Other wise wait the extra week and realize that it was your decision to do so and no one else’s. And since it was your decision then to complain about it only means that you are complaining about your decision not to do the right thing and it sounds a little silly.

Just my 2 cents

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 5 months ago #510 by buntvogel
Replied by buntvogel on topic Re:On the way to number 2?
...open source matters ;)
open source or sell it. thats the point.
A *forced* donation ? is that what you want ?

...and rick, what about an extra-year to wait for it ?
is it then open source under the GPL any longer ?

nobody would be angry, if the guys say: so, from now on we will sell it. that's OK. but to say, its open source, BUT.....

buntvogel

PS: I love CB :)

Post edited by: buntvogel, at: 2005/11/24 22:56

18 years 5 months ago #511 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:On the way to number 2?
Reference: www.opensource.org

There are many licenses applicable to opensource - GPL is just one of many.
Opensource does not preclude selling your code - take a look at redhat (not our intention just trying to make a point).

Everyone should really take a closer look and please tell me where did anyone force a donation? We have chosen to release RC2 initially to supporters and contributors. This does not necessarily mean people who have given money. Alot of people have helped out either by testing or by translatating, or by submitting code, or by helping out on the forums, etc.

There have been people that have asked for early access and who are unable to donate money, offered to help out with the forums - these people have already downloaded RC2 and hopefully will help out on these forums.

my 2 cents - or should i say my contribution
;)

18 years 5 months ago #516 by fattykid17
Replied by fattykid17 on topic Re:On the way to number 2?
I can't believe you people aren't embarrassed to whine like you do. Don't you think that you should be a little more thankfull to these people that have spent THEIR time on this project. The community builder team wrote this code. Which I believe if they never want to release it then that is their choice. Instead they have chosen to "give it away". Now to me that is pretty kind of them since community builder is now one of the most popular joomla components.
The idea behind donations is that everyone chips in what they can. It wasn't meant for cheap ass people to download great source code for free and then bitch at the developers. If you don't like the early release idea ( much like the price tag of other softeware ) then don't use it.
Just please quit embarrassing yourselves. Or if you just really like to bitch and moan write Microsoft for me while you at it and tell them I think X box 360 is a bit pricy .

18 years 5 months ago #519 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:On the way to number 2?
buntvogel wrote:

...open source matters ;)
open source or sell it. thats the point.

I think that you have missed the point it is not for sale it is a voluntary donation to show our appreciation for a job well done for a project that these people do not get paid for.

A *forced* donation ? is that what you want ?

Refer to response above, no one has been forced to do anything.

...and rick, what about an extra-year to wait for it ?
is it then open source under the GPL any longer ?

I have heard of exaggerations but to go from 7 days then stretch that to a year is a little silly. Again if you don't like waiting the 7 days then donate, if you don't want to donate then wait the 7 days and get it for free but it is free so quit complaining, it’s really petty.

nobody would be angry, if the guys say: so, from now on we will sell it. that's OK. but to say, its open source, BUT.....

Picky Picky Picky. I have to go back to what I said in my first post above. To complain about something that you don't have to pay 1 red cent for is just plain ludicrous.

buntvogel

PS: I love CB :)

Post edited by: buntvogel, at: 2005/11/24 22:56

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds