Low impact RSS Feed and Email Newsletter Using DS-Syndicate, FeedBurner and Feedblitz

18 years 2 months ago #7209 by jesse
This thread discusses the Content article: Low impact RSS Feed and Email Newsletter Using DS-Syndicate, FeedBurner and Feedblitz

I want to be able to offer user-specific rss subscriptions and I'm wondering if this would be possible using these features.

I would like to provide a checkbox menu for the users to pick and chose which categories they want to subscribe to. This checkbox could generate a small file that calls the links for their specific subscriptions.

This can be very useful if you have multiple authors or newstypes on your site, allowing the user to select what they want to view.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Jesse

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #9199 by dipsol
Te latest version will only publish articles wich are visible for all users.

The option you (jesse) are asking for is not available in DS-Syndicate.

If you put every author in his own category .. then they can have their own feed.

18 years 3 weeks ago #10184 by nant
jesse wrote:

This thread discusses the Content article: Low impact RSS Feed and Email Newsletter Using DS-Syndicate, FeedBurner and Feedblitz

I want to be able to offer user-specific rss subscriptions and I'm wondering if this would be possible using these features.

I would like to provide a checkbox menu for the users to pick and chose which categories they want to subscribe to. This checkbox could generate a small file that calls the links for their specific subscriptions.

This can be very useful if you have multiple authors or newstypes on your site, allowing the user to select what they want to view.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Jesse

I agree - these are nice features.
These items are really core Joomla/Mambo feature requests.
Why not post them against Joomla or Mambo?

Once they are implemented in Joomla/Mambo core it would be easy for the CB Team to release a plugin to bring these features into CB profiles.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn