Random Thoughts

18 years 2 months ago #7501 by magitam
Random Thoughts was created by magitam
This thread discusses the Content article: Random Thoughts

I don't understand - if money is an issue, why not used paid advertising on the website, to help pay for the website?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #8625 by mags
Replied by mags on topic Re:Random Thoughts
Probably because that model doesn't have much success. No one cares about how many clicks you have... all they care about is if it resulted in sales.

Mags Ingval
aka: Stan
Free Rocket Theme Module Position Planners
=http://www.twitter.com/staninc
Linux/php4+5/MySQL4+5/Apache
Joomla 1.5.14 CB 1.2.1 Stable CB Subs 1.0.3

18 years 1 month ago #8696 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:Random Thoughts
This component is one of the brightest stars in the Joomla constellation, maybe the brightest. Perhaps the core team should consider a Lite version which is free, and a commercial version, which would be around $100.

The Lite version gives you plug in capabilities, which keeps all those third party developers interested, helps CB get widespread distribution, and makes website developers thirsty for the commercial version. Perhaps the lite version only allows 3 or 5 plugs ins at a time, for one thing. That lets any website developer do a few neat things for absolutely free.

The commercial version does it all...and costs $100. That would be $100 well spent, in my opinion.

Roger

18 years 1 month ago #8897 by mags
I dunno... I can't get mine to run...and haven't found the solution anywhere yet. I've seen the app though, and I think it's something that I will want.
But getting back to the thread...
$100 sounds like a single install, but I don't know about all components. In my case, I'm looking for a solution for 30 clients currently, and am looking for a product to deliver to a bunch...and I mean a bunch of schools.
It's always an issue with open source though. If everbody thinks everything is free... it's hard to move the mindset.

Mags Ingval

18 years 1 week ago #11157 by mags
Came back to update and look at new post...and found my prior post.
This is incorrect. We do have it running. There were alot of issues, some caused by the environmen (II6, Mysql4, php4, win2k3) But it is running.
Now... i'm trying to find out how to contact Nants??? to subcribe to the doc service...
hello? Nants? how do I find you?

Mags Ingval

18 years 1 week ago #11162 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Random Thoughts
mags wrote:

Now... i'm trying to find out how to contact Nants??? to subcribe to the doc service...
hello? Nants? how do I find you?

Search and you will find.
Use the search box in the top right corner. Place documentation service and you should see the relevant article.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds